Hola from Houston! Mini trip report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hello everyone!

As some of you know, I flew into Houston on Saturday night with plans to board the Spree for a three day livaboard in the Gulf of Mexico...Flower Gardens. At about 11:00 Sunday, the trip was cancelled due to expected seas of six to nine feet...some pesky tropical disturbance :( The group I was with spent the day togehter and had dinner together and headed to Austin on Monday to at least get a Lake dive in...I had to sit back unfortunately.

About 20 minutes after I ate, I began feeling really queasy and ended up being violently ill all night and spent all day yesterday in bed. Some vacation huh? Who would have thought I couldn't drink the water in Houston!

I feel human again today and spent the day enjoying some of my favorite places I miss living in Cozumel...Home Depot, Target, Barnes and Noble, and the beautiful grocery stores...haha! if I can't dive, I might as well shop right?

Anyway, I plan to be at DEMA tomorrow for those of you who will be there! I am looking forward to meeting many of you!

I was looking forward to being able to write a real trip report, but all I have to report is shopping and DEMA...haha!

Have a great night everyone!

Christi:
Hello everyone!

As some of you know, I flew into Houston on Saturday night with plans to board the Spree for a three day livaboard in the Gulf of Mexico...Flower Gardens. At about 11:00 Sunday, the trip was cancelled due to expected seas of six to nine feet...some pesky tropical disturbance :( The group I was with spent the day togehter and had dinner together and headed to Austin on Monday to at least get a Lake dive in...I had to sit back unfortunately.

About 20 minutes after I ate, I began feeling really queasy and ended up being violently ill all night and spent all day yesterday in bed. Some vacation huh? Who would have thought I couldn't drink the water in Houston!

I feel human again today and spent the day enjoying some of my favorite places I miss living in Cozumel...Home Depot, Target, Barnes and Noble, and the beautiful grocery stores...haha! if I can't dive, I might as well shop right?

Anyway, I plan to be at DEMA tomorrow for those of you who will be there! I am looking forward to meeting many of you!

I was looking forward to being able to write a real trip report, but all I have to report is shopping and DEMA...haha!

Have a great night everyone!
Hey Christi,
Hope you are feeling better. I dove with BlueXtSea in July and had the best trip ever. You may remember me, I made the faux pas when I met you. Raul and Mago were the greatest. Shame you missed Austin. If you are going to be in town this weekend try the Airshow. If you around the Kemah area let us know. Seafood is almost as good as it is in Coz.

Back
Top Bottom