Cozumel Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlanoDvr1

Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to this board and new to diving. Been NAUI certified thru Scubatoys in Carollton, TX a suburb outside of Dallas. I am looking for information on the Emerald Dolphin Diving Services in Cozumel. The instructors that went to Cozumel use them specifically. I just want to hear from others, if you have used them let me know what your thoughts. Also, I understand there is mostly drift diving in Cozumel. How fast and slow is the current? Will I just be zooming by the reefs not getting a chance to see stuff or is what I'm hearing and reading exagerated?

We will be going in January 2005. Is that a good/bad/ok time to go?

Thanks!!

Don't know about Emerald Dolphin, but these are pretty good:

http://www.bluextseadiving.com/divepackages.htm

http://www.divewithmartin.com

Personally, I love drift diving - it's like flying without having to do anything but sit there and enjoy the ride. The current situation changes with the seasons, but I've never had any problems. The south end of the island has the best diving. Just be sure to tell the dive operator what your level is and your expectations, and they should properly accommodate you.

Have a good one!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources.

The previous poster gave you good info on Coz operators. For the one you're seeking, try our Search feature, or go to the Mexico forum, Cozumel sub forum, and read threads of interest.

Coz diving is super. It's drift diving, yes - but not current diving. You'll have plenty of time to see the reef; you just won't be able to back track. I've been there in January twice, and blown out by northers/nortes both times. Going back in March this year.

Completing your Profile with location and seperately - your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome to SB.

Have a look a bit farther down the board and you will find a whole forum dedicated to Cozumel diving in the Mexico section. You can use the Advanced Search function from anywhere on this board to search for your keywords.

Enjoy Cozumel!

Welcome to the board. I go to Coz in 2 weeks.
Drift diving is a blast. Try the Niagra river some time.
You will love it.

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm hoping to get to Coz sometime in the next couple of years, I haven't been there yet! Make sure that you post a trip report when you get back!! Let me know if I can help you with anything while your learning the ropes around here! Have fun, and safe diving!!

Kayla :dazzler1:

PlanoDvr1:
I am new to this board and new to diving. Been NAUI certified thru Scubatoys in Carollton, TX a suburb outside of Dallas. I am looking for information on the Emerald Dolphin Diving Services in Cozumel. The instructors that went to Cozumel use them specifically. I just want to hear from others, if you have used them let me know what your thoughts. Also, I understand there is mostly drift diving in Cozumel. How fast and slow is the current? Will I just be zooming by the reefs not getting a chance to see stuff or is what I'm hearing and reading exagerated?

We will be going in January 2005. Is that a good/bad/ok time to go?

Thanks!!
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!
Enjoy the ride, it's a wild one sometimes.
I'd say the currents here can be rougher than the drift diving in Coz, but only seldom.
Hope to see you in the threads.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Cozumel diving is awesome. Just got back from there. Someone once called it Lazy Boy recliner diving. It was just like flying, infact I put my arms out like superman or I guess superwoman and just glided through the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom