Cozumel Dive Operator Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been reading SB for a few weeks now, but this is my first post. I'm looking for a recommendation for a dive operator for Cozumel. My family and I are all new to diving, just OW certified last November. We did a few dives in the Florida Keys the week before Xmas and had a great time. We're hooked, and now we want more.

I've read a lot of good things about Blue XTSea and Christi in various postings, but not surprisingly she is already booked solid for the week of March 21. Can anyone recommend other Dive Ops that they've used in Cozumel, especially those who are good with "newbies" like us who are looking for some great novice to intermediate dives? Smaller boats 6 - 8 people preferred to those that take out 25 at a time. Specific dive site recommendations are also welcomed!

When ever we go down we use Emerald Dolphin Diving. VERY good with "newbies". Tony is top notch and will make sure that you have a great experience and are comfortable in the water. The boat never has more then 8 people and alot of one on one to make sure you are ok...
I would recommend them to you!!
Here's their website

Emerald Dolphin Diving

Let us know who you pick!!

Best of luck!

tx.lakerats:
When ever we go down we use Emerald Dolphin Diving. VERY good with "newbies". Tony is top notch and will make sure that you have a great experience and are comfortable in the water. The boat never has more then 8 people and alot of one on one to make sure you are ok...
I would recommend them to you!!
Here's their website

Emerald Dolphin Diving

Let us know who you pick!!

Best of luck!

Thanks for the recommendation. Small world, I used to live in Texas (Coppell - I'll bet you know where that is - but no one else will!). East coaster now. I'll plan to submit a dive report when I get back.

Oh yeah I know where that is and I USE to live on the East Coast!! SO very small world!!

Hello ECPaul,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
You'll probably get more recommendations if you post your question in the Cozumel forum.

Laurens

ECPaul:
I've been reading SB for a few weeks now, but this is my first post. I'm looking for a recommendation for a dive operator for Cozumel. My family and I are all new to diving, just OW certified last November. We did a few dives in the Florida Keys the week before Xmas and had a great time. We're hooked, and now we want more.

I've read a lot of good things about Blue XTSea and Christi in various postings, but not surprisingly she is already booked solid for the week of March 21. Can anyone recommend other Dive Ops that they've used in Cozumel, especially those who are good with "newbies" like us who are looking for some great novice to intermediate dives? Smaller boats 6 - 8 people preferred to those that take out 25 at a time. Specific dive site recommendations are also welcomed!

HEY GUY, EXCITED FOR YOU. COZUMEL IS GREAT. I'VE MADE 21 DIVE TRIPS THERE AND AM SCHEDULED TO GO TWICE THIS YEAR ALREADY. BEEN GOING TO COZUMEL SINCE 1993. YOU'LL GET BETTER VIS, USUALLY, IN MAY TO AUGUST BUT STILL GREAT CONDITIONS IN MARCH. I HAVE BEEN OUT WITH AT LEAST A DOZEN OPERATORS IN THE LAST 13 YEARS AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ..... CARIBBEAN DIVERS. CESAR AND RUBEN ARE VERY GOOD WITH NEW TO INTERMEDIATE DIVERS. THEIR MOTTO IS SAFETY FIRST, THEN WE HAVE FUN. RUBEN IS SIMPLY THE SECOND BEST DIVE MASTER ON THE ISLAND.HE NEVER MAKES MISTAKES AND YOUR SAFETY IS HIS PRIME MOTIVATION AT ALL TIMES. PLUS, HE'LL SHOW YOU THINGS AND TAKE YOU TO REEFS WHERE OTHER OPERATORS WONT GO. I FEEL TOTALLY SAFE WITH THIS GROUP AND DIVE WITH THEM AT LEAST ONCE OR TWICE ON EVERY TRIP. THE REST OF THE TIME I SPEND WITH CAREYITOS DIVERS AND ITS' MASTER , RICARDO MADRIGAL. AND RICARDO IS TRULY THE MASTER. HE IS A LEGEND ON COZUMEL.

HERE IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CARIBBEAN .. CDIVERS@PRODIGY.NET.MX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom