dive operaters in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi, this is my first time on your board. I have been to Coz quite a few times, but this time I am trying to find dive operater that keeps your dive gear on boat. We are staying at Reef Resort and my wife has a lot of problem with her knees so it is hard for her to walk long distances. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gerry and Pam

Hello Gerry,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
Have a look at our Mexico forum.

Laurens

Welcome to the board!
Give DIMI Divers a try. They don't leave your gear on the boat but they will haul it from the boat to their storage facility and back.

Joe

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Leaving your gear on board in Cozumel is not always a good idea. We have never had a problem, but more than one local has told us that the marinas are not very secure and it would be terrible to show up the next morning and have no gear. Some dive operators will store your gear for you - they take it off the boat, hose it down and bring it back the next day. Much safer for you.

mlatin:
Leaving your gear on board in Cozumel is not always a good idea. We have never had a problem, but more than one local has told us that the marinas are not very secure and it would be terrible to show up the next morning and have no gear. Some dive operators will store your gear for you - they take it off the boat, hose it down and bring it back the next day. Much safer for you.

No one is going to actually leave your equipment on board. We don't even leave our ice chest on board. Anything left on the boat comes back to the shop.

If they say they will store your gear, it goes back to the shop at the end of the day.

To answer your question, I personally have used two shops that will rinse and store your gear for you overnight for the next day's diving.

They are:
Blue XT Sea diving and
Liquid Blue divers

They are both very easy to recommend. They are similar operations in that they both offer small fast boats, high quality DM's, ask YOU where you want to dive, and let you dive your own profile. Also, both are quite popular and can fill up a couple of months in advance. Make your plans accordingly.

I am sure that there are other operators that offer gear storage. Best bet is to email them directly and ask.

Have a great time in Cozumel,
Bruce

Gerry Buck:
hi, this is my first time on your board. I have been to Coz quite a few times, but this time I am trying to find dive operater that keeps your dive gear on boat. We are staying at Reef Resort and my wife has a lot of problem with her knees so it is hard for her to walk long distances. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gerry and Pam

If You dive with Troy at Pelagic Ventures your gear can be locked up overnight or for the whole trip. They will haul your gear accross the street and into the boat if you require. I left my gear there this last time out at Christmas and worked out well.

Be sure to call or email ahead. Ther is a link to their site on my sig or email: fishboy@prodigy.net.mx

Be sure to tell Troy or Jimmy that Ron Brandt sent You!

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom