Casa Mexicana Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hoping to get away to Coz. late Feb. can anyone fill me in on a place called Casa Mexicana. I'm not looking for luxury just a place to stay with clen rooms where a local dive operation can pick me up. Is is nort or south of twon??

Never stayed there, but I poked around it on my last two visits. It's right in town and looks very clean to me. On the second floor, I didn't hear much traffic noise etc at all. I got a look at a room as well, and it looked as clean as the common areas.

rwb:
Hoping to get away to Coz. late Feb. can anyone fill me in on a place called Casa Mexicana. I'm not looking for luxury just a place to stay with clen rooms where a local dive operation can pick me up. Is is nort or south of twon??

I would'nt call it a resort. It is a really nice hotel in town. Be sure and ask for the ocean view rooms. http://www.casamexicanacozumel.com/

DO can pick you up from the town pier. I think there are other locations but you may need to get a cab.

ck out this website for a list of most of the resorts and hotels north and south and in town http://www.scuba-diving-cozumel.com/

I've stayed there twice. Nice and Clean. My wife enjoys it (always makes me spring for the ocean view). Its in town and within walking distance to a ton of restaurants. About 1 1/2 blocks north of Carlos N Charlies/Senor Frogs/Punta Langosta (if you're into that). About 1/2 block South of Aqua Safari's pier. I have no complaints, but, may try someplace else for variety next time ( or may not).

I agree with parrotheaddiver (great screen name, by the way), it's not a resort, but a very nice hotel. Lots of construction going on now right in front of it on Melgar. I have some pictures of Casa Mexicana in a trip report I wrote, Casa Mexicana. Be aware the pool is extremely small, we were diving so we didn't use it. We loved the breakfast. Deep Blue picked us up at the Aldora pier, a short walk from the hotel. Would stay there again.

I've stayed there a few times. It's about a three block walk to town pier, where many dive op's can pick you up. They have a good full breakfast, with omelet station, that is free. I also stay at a sister property, Hotel Bahia, directly across the street from the pier. They have a free Continental breakfast. An older hotel, but rooms 1/2 the price, and very clean.

I stayed there in December and would highly recommend the hotel. It is in town and an easy walk to any of the restaurants in town. The beds are good and the breakfast is even better. Omelettes, fresh fruit, the works. The pool is very small, more like a wading pool. But the deck looks right over the water for goregous views. The rooms are very clean and the staff is accomadating and friendly. We dove with Deep Blue and they have a deal with the hotel. We had to walk to the shop every morning because of the construction in town we could not use the town pier. So they sent us by taxi to the marina to meet the boat. This actually worked out better because it shortens up the boat ride to the dive site. I dont know if they will still be doing this in February.

I agree Casa Mexicana is a great hotel, not a resort and the intown location is great. I would like to clarify the pick-up situation so that no one ends up getting disappointed.

Not all dive ops can/will pick you up downtown, so you need to check with your specific dive op before assuming you will be picked up downtown. The Aqua Safari pier is private and only Aqua Safari can use it.

The public pier is closed indefiitely.

The Aldora pier is also private (although not owned by Aldora dive shop) and dive ops must pay a monthly fee to use this pier. Many ops do not use the pier for this reason as well as the extra fuel and time it takes to pick up and drop of there. It's actually very much out of the way and is not worth it to the dive ops unless picking up several people there. Currently, the construction has access very limited to this pier and I have suspended pick-ups there until the construction is completed.

Christi:
I agree Casa Mexicana is a great hotel, not a resort and the intown location is great. I would like to clarify the pick-up situation so that no one ends up getting disappointed.

How far of a walk is it from Casa Mexicana to the point that BXTS will pick up their divers?

About a block and a half to two blocks no biggie. I would assume the consruction Christi mentioned is finished, as we did not see any there last week and her boats picked us up there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom