Who have you booked through for a trip to Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JC Fedorczyk

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the Dive shop operators at our LDS mentioned that he loves this place and we are looking into going down there for New Years.

For those that have been there, who did you use to book your travel/hotel reservations? My girlfriend has been talking to a local travel agent, but the cost that he is quoting seems to be extremely unreasonable and doesn't even include the cost of diving! (4000$ for 2 people seems a tad high)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We booked through Expedia. Our cost per person was $1150 Canadian ($850 US?)which included flight from Vancouver, and 7 nights hotel at the FA on the European plan. The discount package for the FA seems to a lot higher than any other Coz hotel on Expedia. If your times are flexible, try entering a variety of departure and return dates, as we've found the airfare fluctuates depending on your dates. $4000 does seem a tad high.

Good luck.

JC Fedorczyk:
One of the Dive shop operators at our LDS mentioned that he loves this place and we are looking into going down there for New Years.

For those that have been there, who did you use to book your travel/hotel reservations? My girlfriend has been talking to a local travel agent, but the cost that he is quoting seems to be extremely unreasonable and doesn't even include the cost of diving! (4000$ for 2 people seems a tad high)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Holy Moly, 4,000.00,! for how many nights? Damn that's high! 5 nights for air,hotel, transfers and taxes at F.A. even at this time of year, which is high season, is 899.00 per person from Houston. That AD was in the Houston Chronicle and prices were good thru April 15. It does not include food or diving. Looks like you're coming from North Carolina. Let me give you a number to call. He can get you there at a price you're gonna like. Call John Chromy at 713-784-2030. Tell him Patrick in Clear Lake sent you.

Mawg:
Holy Moly, 4,000.00,! for how many nights? Damn that's high! 5 nights for air,hotel, transfers and taxes at F.A. even at this time of year, which is high season, is 899.00 per person from Houston. That AD was in the Houston Chronicle and prices were good thru April 15. It does not include food or diving. Looks like you're coming from North Carolina. Let me give you a number to call. He can get you there at a price you're gonna like. Call John Chromy at 713-784-2030. Tell him Patrick in Clear Lake sent you.

Hey:
I just booked the FA for 5 nights starting April 1 for $829 per person. My price includes air from Houston; transfers; 5 nights in a standard room; plus the All Inclusive - all food, booze etc. This price DOES NOT include diving.

Call Karla at Star Travel in Atlanta 1-800-335-1144 ext 224. I know she is a member of this Board. I think she logs in as Starkarla.

Contact Bay Adventures at www.bayadventures.com

I booked my Cozumel trip last year trough them, stayed at the FA. We're also booking a 16 person trip at the FA through them for this July.

Ask for Al or Felix, really nice guys.

Mel

lawofgravity:
We booked through Expedia. Our cost per person was $1150 Canadian ($850 US?)which included flight from Vancouver, and 7 nights hotel at the FA on the European plan. The discount package for the FA seems to a lot higher than any other Coz hotel on Expedia. If your times are flexible, try entering a variety of departure and return dates, as we've found the airfare fluctuates depending on your dates. $4000 does seem a tad high.

Good luck.

Wow!

You got a great price for 7 nights out of Vancouver!

Mawg:

What date do you want to go? I can offer some good deals for Cozumel.

email me at karla@star-travel.com

www.saveonvacationpackages.com

Just checked out Expedia for flights out of Houston. April 15-22, flight and hotel at the FA on non AI plan, no diving. $713 pp. That seems like a good deal, considering it's probably around $100 a night to stay at the FA.

Try Traci at Padi Travel Network. We stayed at Fiesta Americana 3 times in 2004. Always got good hotel prices. In the 700 - 800 range for a week with all food/booze included. This does not include diving. Dive House prices are 57.00 for a two tank morning dives. Night dives are 35.00.

You can get to the padi travel network through www.padi.com

We found that booking our flights separate was cheaper than what padi could offer. Try funjet or apple or any of the other online travel places.

Good Luck!

lawofgravity:
Just checked out Expedia for flights out of Houston. April 15-22, flight and hotel at the FA on non AI plan, no diving. $713 pp. That seems like a good deal, considering it's probably around $100 a night to stay at the FA.

I find it for $685 per person, including nonstop air from Houston with Continental, 7 nights, no meals or drinks included, but including roundtrip airport transfers and all taxes. I can discount Cozumel trips, email is karla@star-travel.com
www.saveonvacationpackages.com
Just type in Cozumel from a google search box and you'll find us. :))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom