Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who have you booked through for a trip to Fiesta Americana

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos

Who have you booked through for a trip to Fiesta Americana

One of the Dive shop operators at our LDS mentioned that he loves this place and we are looking into going down there for New Years.

For those that have been there, who did you use to book your travel/hotel reservations? My girlfriend has been talking to a local travel agent, but the cost that he is quoting seems to be extremely unreasonable and doesn't even include the cost of diving! (4000$ for 2 people seems a tad high)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

We booked through Expedia. Our cost per person was $1150 Canadian ($850 US?)which included flight from Vancouver, and 7 nights hotel at the FA on the European plan. The discount package for the FA seems to a lot higher than any other Coz hotel on Expedia. If your times are flexible, try entering a variety of departure and return dates, as we've found the airfare fluctuates depending on your dates. $4000 does seem a tad high.

Good luck.

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    200 - 499
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Fedorczyk
    One of the Dive shop operators at our LDS mentioned that he loves this place and we are looking into going down there for New Years.

For those that have been there, who did you use to book your travel/hotel reservations? My girlfriend has been talking to a local travel agent, but the cost that he is quoting seems to be extremely unreasonable and doesn't even include the cost of diving! (4000$ for 2 people seems a tad high)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Holy Moly, 4,000.00,! for how many nights? Damn that's high! 5 nights for air,hotel, transfers and taxes at F.A. even at this time of year, which is high season, is 899.00 per person from Houston. That AD was in the Houston Chronicle and prices were good thru April 15. It does not include food or diving. Looks like you're coming from North Carolina. Let me give you a number to call. He can get you there at a price you're gonna like. Call John Chromy at 713-784-2030. Tell him Patrick in Clear Lake sent you.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by Mawg
    Holy Moly, 4,000.00,! for how many nights? Damn that's high! 5 nights for air,hotel, transfers and taxes at F.A. even at this time of year, which is high season, is 899.00 per person from Houston. That AD was in the Houston Chronicle and prices were good thru April 15. It does not include food or diving. Looks like you're coming from North Carolina. Let me give you a number to call. He can get you there at a price you're gonna like. Call John Chromy at 713-784-2030. Tell him Patrick in Clear Lake sent you.
    Hey:
    I just booked the FA for 5 nights starting April 1 for $829 per person. My price includes air from Houston; transfers; 5 nights in a standard room; plus the All Inclusive - all food, booze etc. This price DOES NOT include diving.

Call Karla at Star Travel in Atlanta 1-800-335-1144 ext 224. I know she is a member of this Board. I think she logs in as Starkarla.
    "... it was then I knew that I was the sea and the sea was me." - Jacques Cousteau

DIR Practitioner

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999

Bay Adventures

Contact Bay Adventures at www.bayadventures.com

I booked my Cozumel trip last year trough them, stayed at the FA. We're also booking a 16 person trip at the FA through them for this July.

Ask for Al or Felix, really nice guys.

Mel

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by lawofgravity
    We booked through Expedia. Our cost per person was $1150 Canadian ($850 US?)which included flight from Vancouver, and 7 nights hotel at the FA on the European plan. The discount package for the FA seems to a lot higher than any other Coz hotel on Expedia. If your times are flexible, try entering a variety of departure and return dates, as we've found the airfare fluctuates depending on your dates. $4000 does seem a tad high.

Good luck.
    Wow!

You got a great price for 7 nights out of Vancouver!
    "... it was then I knew that I was the sea and the sea was me." - Jacques Cousteau

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Cozumel Discount Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Mawg

What date do you want to go? I can offer some good deals for Cozumel.

email me at karla@star-travel.com

www.saveonvacationpackages.com

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Just checked out Expedia for flights out of Houston. April 15-22, flight and hotel at the FA on non AI plan, no diving. $713 pp. That seems like a good deal, considering it's probably around $100 a night to stay at the FA.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Try Traci at Padi Travel Network. We stayed at Fiesta Americana 3 times in 2004. Always got good hotel prices. In the 700 - 800 range for a week with all food/booze included. This does not include diving. Dive House prices are 57.00 for a two tank morning dives. Night dives are 35.00.

You can get to the padi travel network through www.padi.com

We found that booking our flights separate was cheaper than what padi could offer. Try funjet or apple or any of the other online travel places.

Good Luck!
    Michelle
    Canon Powershot 500 with WP-DC800 housing

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Discount Cozumel Vacations

Quote Originally Posted by lawofgravity
    Just checked out Expedia for flights out of Houston. April 15-22, flight and hotel at the FA on non AI plan, no diving. $713 pp. That seems like a good deal, considering it's probably around $100 a night to stay at the FA.

I find it for $685 per person, including nonstop air from Houston with Continental, 7 nights, no meals or drinks included, but including roundtrip airport transfers and all taxes. I can discount Cozumel trips, email is karla@star-travel.com
    www.saveonvacationpackages.com
    Just type in Cozumel from a google search box and you'll find us. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast