"Diving Cozumel" Steve Rosenberg - good book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm really excited about my first trip to Cozumel in April, and would like to know if any of you Coz experts can tell me if this is a good book? If you're familiar with it, is it pretty accurate in it's description of the dive sites? Do you have another favorite that you can suggest? I like to get familiar with what the diving will be like at a destination before I go. I also like to have a good reference post-trip.

scubawife:
I'm really excited about my first trip to Cozumel in April, and would like to know if any of you Coz experts can tell me if this is a good book? If you're familiar with it, is it pretty accurate in it's description of the dive sites? Do you have another favorite that you can suggest? I like to get familiar with what the diving will be like at a destination before I go. I also like to have a good reference post-trip.

This one is a MUST have and has very high regards here on scubaboard.

http://www.cozumeldiveguide.com/

If I were to only get one book on CZM, I would choose the cozumel dive guide as linked above by divematt. But I tend to go overboard and acquire all of the information I can as to enjoy the planning phase of the trip that much more. I spend a lot more time planning my CZM trips than I do actually being there.

Now let me get back to the maps... I only have 22 more days to plan before i go.

dnhill

I have Rosenberg's book "Diving Cozumel". I like the book. It has good information about Cozumel and the dive sites. It gives you a depth profile drawing for each site showing depths at different locations. I have read the whole book and thought it was very informative. I have not seen the book mentioned by divematt, but will look into that one also. Good Luck...

I agree with what Murph said for the most part. I got Rosenberg's book a few months before heading down to Cozumel. I really enjoyed it - great tips on diving there, as well as restaurants, hotels, etc. My favorite part, though, was the pictures - some nice glossy shots of most of the usual suspects down there. Very good for flipping through when dreaming about your upcoming trip.

The info on the dive sites was variable. He talks about the depth, topography and current for almost every dive site. Some have sketches. Some are rated by experience level. Rosenberg's book is not the best in this regard.

For comprehensive info on the dive sites, I'd go with the book recommended above. I do not own it, but did get to flip through it on our dive boat and it looked extremely comprehensive from a dive planning perspective.

Actually, why not buy both? You can read Rosenberg and drool over the fish and then read the other one to plan your dives.

The Cozumel Dive Guide looks awesome! I'm going to order it today. I have a similar book for the FL Keys that has proven very worthwhile and pretty accurate. The Rosenberg books looks good too, so I'll most likely get that one as well. It'll be interesting to see if they give the same info for the same sites or if they have a different perspective.

Its a decent read

I have them both and like both for different reasons. The Rosenberg book has a lot more "text" and readable material, with a lot of focused detail on the sites. However, the other book has TONS OF MAPS of the reefs. If I could ONLY keep one, though, I would keep the Rosenberg. Just my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom