Cozumel Restaurant..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt, It's called the French Quarter.

What day were you going to be in Cozumel? I'll be there sometime between March 1 and March 8. Haven't finalized what days I'll be doing what yet.

Out on the east side of town, past the shell statue, behind the cement plant, is El Morro. Best mixed cevice in the Caribbean, great service, away from the cruise shippers, great food.
Don't you *dare* tell any non-divers about this place. :)
Rick

I misspelled it. Found the card, here's the info.
Restaurant "El Moro"
75 Bis Norte No. 124 entre 2 y 4
Tel. 2-30-29
They are closed one evening - I think Thursday but I'm not sure on that one.
And like I said, do *not* let this place get found by the cruise shippers.
Rick

El Moro also serves up a wicked Mayan spiced shrimp & Chuleta Yucateca. Prices are right, too.

I wouldn't worry, Rick --I suspect not many cruisers surf on this board. Would be distressing, though, that's for sure.

Have a great time, got4boyz.

DocVikingo

I'm actually going to Playa Del Carmine, but we will be diving Coz a few days. I definately want to hit a cenote or two. The place I'm staying doesn't have a website, but is apparently a very nice place, Iberostar Parisio, or something like that. They have a five star PADI, and a sister hotel locally, a brother hotel on Coz. They offer packages between the two so I'm guessing we can get a good dive itinerary. We're new enough that it is all a blast right now.

Funny little anecdote. People always comment about how puking in a reg never happens. On my wife's first dive ever (uncertified) she ralphed at 30 feet (bad chicken). She jumped in for the second dive an hour later. That was the last time we were in Cozumel, six years ago.

Anyway, I thank all of you for help and insight. I've gotten not only good information but some good mind candy too.

Back
Top Bottom