Weather in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koots

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I are considering a trip to Coz in early/mid June (we normally go in January). Is June a bad or good time to go (weather-wise). Particularly, does it rain alot? I'm not concerned about rain while diving, however, don't think my kids would like it much while at the pool.

Lastly, we've been to a number of resorts (we like to stay towards the southern end). Any reco's?

Koots:
Hello,

My wife and I are considering a trip to Coz in early/mid June (we normally go in January). Is June a bad or good time to go (weather-wise). Particularly, does it rain alot? I'm not concerned about rain while diving, however, don't think my kids would like it much while at the pool.

Lastly, we've been to a number of resorts (we like to stay towards the southern end). Any reco's?

June is a beautiful time of year to go-although plenty hot, so bring your sunscreen. I don't remember a lot of rain in the past during this month. Sometimes there is a light shower for a short time during the day. The water should be smooth as glass.
My husband and I have gone to Coz several times and stayed at smaller hotels. One time we did go with a large group and stayed at the Reef Club. (Very short boat rides.) Good food and looked like there were plenty of activities for kids. Pretty nice place.

Koots:
Hello,

ANYTIME is a good time in Cozumel, We have been in January and June both were great.But don't go in April or November :11: That's when we usally go :)

JUNE on average shows to be the wettest month

The Reef Club is great for families, They do not allow topless sunbathing on the property. Kids 2-12 have a kids club lots of things to do and you don't have to worry about them while your out diving. Food is ok and a new snack bar with ribs, hambugers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets, nachos, fruit, and fries should keep fussy eaters happy. Check out timeshare rental web sites you might get a better price to rent one of there 1 or 2 bedroom condos rather than squezzing into a hotel room. I,ve been there twice this year and pleasent stays both times. If your diving try www.bottomtimedivers.net small fast boat great service.
Lou

We've been there in June several times, even though it's the beginning of the rainy season, it has rarely rained on us during the day and has never rained out a dive. If it does rain during the day it's usually a scattered shower and very short lived.
other than that it's starting to get hot and the humidity is beginning to kick up by then.
We stayed to the Occedental Grand in Sept., WOW! VERY NICE!! the food was very good, not the same thing day in and day out on the buffets and the reservation resteraurants were great!
The grounds are just beautiful, they really did a good job on the layout of the resort, and the rooms, and that's coming from and architectural designer.
the room was roomy with both a tub and seperate shower, 2 sink vanity, safe and small stocked refrig, small ironing board and iron, hair dryer for the misses. the maids did a great job everyday and even made animals out of the towels and flowers and put them on the bed much like they do on cruises. (it's the little things)
would highly recommend it for an A.I. and am planning on staying there when we go back with friends this Sept.

I have been to Cozumel in June several times, and for the most part it was fine. One time, though, a tropical depression moved in and stalled right on top of us. It rained for a solid week, 24 hours/day. Not a downpour, but a steady light rain from an unbroken overcast.

The good news is threefold. One, I still managed to have a good time, two, whatever you encounter will likely be better than that, and three, there's no use in worrying about that over which you have no control. Don' worry, be happy.

Been to Coz three times and have stayed at the Reef Club and Fiesta Americana. Of the two resorts we liked the Fiesta Americana better. It is closer to town and we found the rooms were better and there was better snorkeling in front of the resort. The upside to the Reef Club is that they have a real beach while the Fiesta has a man made beach. Check out trip advisor for reviews of resorts http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g150809-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula-Vacations.html click on any hotel/resort on the left hand column and you will see the reviews. Cozumel is a great place!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom