Glad I switched dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mamanan

Reaction score
Thanks to all who gave me info on Cozumel. Special thanks to Loudives for his recomendation of Bottom time Divers.
My first trip to Cozumel and I booked with an operator that has lots of ads and is one of the big ones in Cozumel. After the first day I knew they were not for me. Big boat 22 divers 35 min. bottom time for everybody. We went down in groups of 7 which I can live with but after 5 min. everybody was at the same place. Divemasters just kept everyone moving-no time to stop and explore. I came up with 1700psi and felt cheated.

I switched to bottom time divers and what a great dive experiance I had. Fast boat we were only 4 but his boat holds 6. Raul gave excelent briefings kept our gear rinsed and set up for next day. Nice snacks between dives, had towels, and lined wind breakers. We had choice of dive sites as Lou did't care were we went as long as he got wet. We dove our computers and our air to 700 with 3-5 min. safety stops. Most dives over an hour. Raul was so nice and he was able to find all the good things that you would never see if you did'nt search. on one dive another group of about 15 divers swam up to us so Raul had us stop for a min. to let them pass. They swam by and then we continued our slow search for things and found 2 large seahorses right under where the other divers passed. They missed them. Anyway I will go back soon and I will go with Raul for sure.
His web site is www.bottomtimedivers.net
Thanks again Lou a scubaboard member I can't thank enough,
Nan

mamanan:
Thanks to all who gave me info on Cozumel. Special thanks to Loudives for his recomendation of Bottom time Divers.
My first trip to Cozumel

Welcome to the ADDICTION of Cozumel :)

mamanan-

Thanks for your post. We are set up to dive with Raul/Bottom Time Divers in May and can't wait!

That sounds like an awesome experience. I'll give them a ring next time I'm down there.

yeah, Raul's a great guy, and a wonderful DM. I dove with him many times when he worked for Blue Bubble.
glad you had a good trip.

Great diving with you Nancy, Glad you had a good time and make sure you bookmark Rauls web site for your next trip. Thanks for the thank you note. You have my address and #. "IF A WOMAN ANSWERS----HANG UP"

Hah Hah just kidding
Lou
PS here is the site www.bottomtimedivers.net

Shoc369:
mamanan-

Thanks for your post. We are set up to dive with Raul/Bottom Time Divers in May and can't wait!
You are going to love diving with Raul! I know I enjoy diving with him =)...I just hope he doesn't get so much business I can't find a spot on his boat! Be sure to post about your trip when you return so we can hear about your dive adventure! My husband and I are going back to Coz July 1-11 and will be diving with B.T.D. My husband will get to meet him... I've known him since May of '97 according to one of my old log books ..Tell Raul I said HI and give him a hug for me!
Loretta

Is anyone else having problems with the web site? I was trying to find out some info on Raul's operation but I couldn't click on any of the links. It's been that way for a while. Can someone tell me what he charges for a typical two tank dive? WHere is he located? Thanks.

nikyyo:
Is anyone else having problems with the web site? I was trying to find out some info on Raul's operation but I couldn't click on any of the links. It's been that way for a while. Can someone tell me what he charges for a typical two tank dive? WHere is he located? Thanks.

Great report by the way.

I was just at his site and it worked fine. Perhaps just a glitch. I was able to test all links.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom