Villa Aldora - Address?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMo

Contributor
Reaction score
We just returned from a week in Coz (working on a trip report), diving with Aldora and staying at their Villa. Turns out the mgr, Greg, claims to be a peanut butter freak - but it's very hard to find there. We wanted to send him a little 'care' package, but can't find a shipping address for the villa anywhere. Would anybody happen to know it?

DiverMo:
We just returned from a week in Coz (working on a trip report), diving with Aldora and staying at their Villa. Turns out the mgr, Greg, claims to be a peanut butter freak - but it's very hard to find there. We wanted to send him a little 'care' package, but can't find a shipping address for the villa anywhere. Would anybody happen to know it?

Don't they have peanut butter at Chedraui? I sure thought we found it there. Now, pickles, OTOH, are hard/impossible to find.

==================
Don't know the address, but we'll be diving with ALDORA divers the week after next...I'll be more than happy to drop of a jar of peanut butter on your behalf. But you must tell me, creamy or crunchy?

Dave

Naw - looked there (Chedraui), twice. Asked about 4 people that worked there, they acted like they didn't even know what it was. Maybe it's something that they carry sporadically? Looked at the San Francisco Mkt, too.

Thanks for the offer, Loquat, but we'll be sending enough to warrant a another whole checked bag!

I will be there Sunday and deliver some peanut butter, any special kind?

We have been going to the island for 10 years diving with Aldora but we usually stay in town. Any suggestions for preparing for the villas or getting into town? Memo menetiond there are bicycles there... true?

Well, I already have a rather large box of peanut butter all boxed up and ready to ship, I just need an address to the villa.

I think you are really gonna like the villa. What suite are you in? They are all very nice, the location is great, fantastic snorkeling right in front of the villa - we saw squid, octopus, stingrays, juvenile french angels, blue tangs, puffers, lizardfish, blue chromis, eels, even a barracuda! But yes, there are 4 mountain bikes at the villa for anybody to use. It's a very short ride, and really not a bad walk. We walked in to town twice. Cab fare is about $3 - $4 to the plaza. Just walk out to the curb and one will come by - longest we had to wait was about 4 minutes. I really can't think of anything special you would need to worry about, they take care of just about anything. Greg is great - he will offer to take you into town to the market the first day that you are there so you can buy some groceries - if you are interested. Also, he will recommend El Pique and the Tacos Chuleta con Queso (pork chop tacos). They taste unbelievably better than they sound. My whole family absolutely loved 'em! If you have any other questions, or I can be of any further help before you leave, pm me. Have a great trip!

DiverMo:
Naw - looked there (Chedraui), twice. Asked about 4 people that worked there, they acted like they didn't even know what it was. Maybe it's something that they carry sporadically? Looked at the San Francisco Mkt, too.

Thanks for the offer, Loquat, but we'll be sending enough to warrant a another whole checked bag!

Chedraui, San Francisco and SuperMaz ALL carry peanut butter. It's Aladdin brand and is actually pretty good.

Peter Pan peanut butter is available at Pascadeli and at the Super Deli in Punta Langosta right here on the island.

Skippy, JIFF and PEter Pan are available at Sam's CLub in Playa del Carmen or Cancun. So if he gets too desperate, you can let him know where to look now.

Gordon, pickles can be found at Pascadeli right across the street from my house :) But they are Del Monte hamburger dill slices. Not my favorite, but they do when I'm craving pickles :)

DiverMo:
Well, I already have a rather large box of peanut butter all boxed up and ready to ship, I just need an address to the villa.

I think you are really gonna like the villa. What suite are you in? They are all very nice, the location is great, fantastic snorkeling right in front of the villa - we saw squid, octopus, stingrays, juvenile french angels, blue tangs, puffers, lizardfish, blue chromis, eels, even a barracuda! But yes, there are 4 mountain bikes at the villa for anybody to use. It's a very short ride, and really not a bad walk. We walked in to town twice. Cab fare is about $3 - $4 to the plaza. Just walk out to the curb and one will come by - longest we had to wait was about 4 minutes. I really can't think of anything special you would need to worry about, they take care of just about anything. Greg is great - he will offer to take you into town to the market the first day that you are there so you can buy some groceries - if you are interested. Also, he will recommend El Pique and the Tacos Chuleta con Queso (pork chop tacos). They taste unbelievably better than they sound. My whole family absolutely loved 'em! If you have any other questions, or I can be of any further help before you leave, pm me. Have a great trip!

Shipping stuff, especially food products is not reliable at all and will cost you a fortune. Then he is not even guaranteed to get it. It may not make it through customs and if it does, he will have to pay duty on it to get it. Aside from the customs issue, mail service in Mexico (particularly the island) is not like it is in the states. If you want to send it to him, you are going to be much better off sending it to someone to bring to him.

Christi:
Shipping stuff, especially food products is not reliable at all and will cost you a fortune. Then he is not even guaranteed to get it. It may not make it through customs and if it does, he will have to pay duty on it to get it. Aside from the customs issue, mail service in Mexico (particularly the island) is not like it is in the states. If you want to send it to him, you are going to be much better off sending it to someone to bring to him.
LOL!!!!
O so true.
Do you know if the packages for me and Kim ever arrived?
I sent a message to the hairglove guy and didn't get any response back.
I'll have to wait to see if I have a charge on my credit card too!!!

pennypue:
LOL!!!!
O so true.
Do you know if the packages for me and Kim ever arrived?
I sent a message to the hairglove guy and didn't get any response back.
I'll have to wait to see if I have a charge on my credit card too!!!

Yes, ONE package arrived yesterday, but I don't know if it was your's or Kim's. Only took a month huh? She mentioned something about duty having to be paid to receive the package as well. I'll pick it up tomorrow and I'll e-mail you with the details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom