wahooooooooooooo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1

Contributor
Reaction score
we're confirmed! the wife and i are going to COZ on 6/25! no more cold water So Cali diving!! =) Time to dive with shorts and a T!

can i ask a quick opinion? we really want to do the cenotes, but we're not cave divers...is this possible? also, if so, where is the best place? does the local hotels arrange trips for you?

we're so excited! Coz seems to be the place to dive.....wonderful people, food, weather, and yes.......diving! yeeepeeee!

wish you all could some along!

-dan

deputydan1:
we're confirmed! the wife and i are going to COZ on 6/25! no more cold water So Cali diving!! =) Time to dive with shorts and a T!

can i ask a quick opinion? we really want to do the cenotes, but we're not cave divers...is this possible? also, if so, where is the best place? does the local hotels arrange trips for you?

we're so excited! Coz seems to be the place to dive.....wonderful people, food, weather, and yes.......diving! yeeepeeee!

wish you all could some along!

-dan

Yes, you can do some cenote diving without a special cert. Many if not all the Coz dive shops can set you up with a cenote dive just for the asking (and paying, of course).

By the time you go, I will be well into withdrawal. ;^)

deputydan1:
we really want to do the cenotes, but we're not cave divers...is this possible? also, if so, where is the best place? does the local hotels arrange trips for you?
-dan
If you click my Feb. trip report in my signature someone posted Diego's email address... he's a guide who can take you over there as well as set up other tours if you're interested. We did Grand Cenote with him and it was nice. From what he was telling us there are a LOT of interesting sites. It was really quick and painless as he has his own truck over there.

All the cenotes are over on the mainland so you'll need to take the ferry over. Not a big deal.

D'oh actually had a nice trip report of a Cenote trip they took, I'm almost positive it was also w/ Diego. They also went to an above ground Cavern that sounded cool. Look for that trip report too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom