Who's on Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdenny

Reaction score
When will you be there? Where are you staying and who are you diving with? My wife and I are staying in town at Casa Mexicana June 18th - 25th. Diving with Blue XTSea 19th - 23rd. :dazzler1:

gdenny:
When will you be there? Where are you staying and who are you diving with? My wife and I are staying in town at Casa Mexicana June 18th - 25th. Diving with Blue XTSea 19th - 23rd. :dazzler1:

Alright! We'll be diving with you then. :eyebrow:

My girlfriend and I will be there June 20-27th. Diving the 21st-26th with Blue XT~Sea (and hoping to get an afternoon dive in on the 20th) :crafty:

Haven't decided on the hotel yet... Caribe Blu or Presidente are our 2 favorites (and the only 2 we've stayed at). Prices are obviously on each end of the spectrum but we like these 2 for the decent shore diving. Presidente's shore diving is better but Caribe Blu's isn't that far behind.

Moodiejeff:

My girlfriend and I will be there June 20-27th. Diving the 21st-26th with Blue XT~Sea (and hoping to get an afternoon dive in on the 20th) :crafty:

Haven't decided on the hotel yet... Caribe Blu or Presidente are our 2 favorites (and the only 2 we've stayed at). Prices are obviously on each end of the spectrum but we like these 2 for the decent shore diving. Presidente's shore diving is better but Caribe Blu's isn't that far behind.

Why not try a hotel somewhere in the middle seeing that you've tried the best and one on the lower end. I'm not trying to bad mouth Caribe Blu, but after hearing how great it was on Scubaboard , I stayed there last August. We lasted on the 4th floor (no elevators) one night, in that clogged with sand shower drain, non working air conditioned room. We've been to La Cieiba, Casa Del Mar, and are now trying Hotel Cozumel this time in a week and a half. They're all in the mid price range. You can get Hotel Coz for 85 bucks a night through Hotelopia. Just an opinion!

Matt

divematt:
Why not try a hotel somewhere in the middle seeing that you've tried the best and one on the lower end. I'm not trying to bad mouth Caribe Blu, but after hearing how great it was on Scubaboard , I stayed there last August. We lasted on the 4th floor (no elevators) one night, in that clogged with sand shower drain, non working air conditioned room. We've been to La Cieiba, Casa Del Mar, and are now trying Hotel Cozumel this time in a week and a half. They're all in the mid price range. You can get Hotel Coz for 85 bucks a night through Hotelopia. Just an opinion!

Matt

Funny... that's what my girlfriend just said to me not 2 minutes ago!

Moodiejeff:

Sounds great. Nice trip reports too. I have most of your restaurant list copied for my own "to eat at" list. Who'd a known you'll be sitting on the boat. Looks like we're diving together the 21st - 23rd. Any chance of talking you into a couple of extra boat dives one day? :06: Take a long lunch, ciesta, than head out for afternoon and night dive?

Jeez, just typing that is killing me. I can't wait.

gdenny:
Sounds great. Nice trip reports too. I have most of your restaurant list copied for my own "to eat at" list. Who'd a known you'll be sitting on the boat. Looks like we're diving together the 21st - 23rd. Any chance of talking you into a couple of extra boat dives one day? :06: Take a long lunch, ciesta, than head out for afternoon and night dive?

Jeez, just typing that is killing me. I can't wait.

We're there to dive so I don't think it will be too hard to get us to do some afternoon, evening and/or night dives. The more dives the better.

Like I said, we're looking to do an afternoon dive the day we get in so that may be a possibility as well. Once it gets closer we can try to work all this out w/ Christi.

Those trip reports are hard to do sometimes... I usually wait 'til I get all my pics sorted out but I may do as Rick Inman did and bring my laptop and do it as we go...

Moodiejeff:
We're there to dive so I don't think it will be too hard to get us to do some afternoon, evening and/or night dives. The more dives the better.

Like I said, we're looking to do an afternoon dive the day we get in so that may be a possibility as well. Once it gets closer we can try to work all this out w/ Christi.

Those trip reports are hard to do sometimes... I usually wait 'til I get all my pics sorted out but I may do as Rick Inman did and bring my laptop and do it as we go...

I love it. Here I was thinking you meant a nice liesurely shore dive when you arrived. Just catch a cab from the airport to the pier and we can stow your luggage on the boat for the first couple dives. :eyebrow:

One thing I noticed about Rick's trip report. It does seem to take you to the place when the person is writing from the location. I just don't know about bringing a laptop...

gdenny:
I love it. Here I was thinking you meant a nice liesurely shore dive when you arrived. Just catch a cab from the airport to the pier and we can stow your luggage on the boat for the first couple dives. :eyebrow:

One thing I noticed about Rick's trip report. It does seem to take you to the place when the person is writing from the location. I just don't know about bringing a laptop...

I think our flight lands at 12:30... I'm going to bypass the vans this year and walk outside the airport grounds and catch a cab. That should save us a good 20-30 min. at least. I figure we can be ready to go by 1:30. I'm looking to average anywere between 2-4 tanks a day (including shore dives) so if Christi gives the go-ahead we're in for as many tanks as you guys can handle.

I'm not so sure about the laptop thing either... I just got a new Powerbook that cost well over 3K so I would be a little leary about leaving it around while I'm out diving all day. If the hotel had wi-fi though... :eyebrow: I did read something about the island was going that route but I'm sure it's very spotty at best.

divematt:

Matt
As was mentioned earlier, we like the 2 mentioned hotels because of the shore diving possibilities. We know them both and we like what we get at each. Price really isn't much of a factor, I want the best vacation possible- Whatever the cost.

Hotel Coz & Fiesta Americana were discussed between us but we're not too sure of what the shore diving would be like... I know this has been covered many times in other threads but we're kind of spoiled. We don't want to just swim out to some junk thrown in the water like engine blocks and tires. We want patches of coral & coral heads. It sounded like at FA you needed to kinda stick by the pier.

La Ceiba's too close to the cruise ships for us. Like I said, we're spoiled :11ztongue

Anybody done any diving off Hotel Coz?

And no, we will not be taking a taxi somewhere else for a shore dive. Again - spoiled. We might as well stay where we know we can dive.

Moodiejeff:
As was mentioned earlier, we like the 2 mentioned hotels because of the shore diving possibilities. We know them both and we like what we get at each. Price really isn't much of a factor, I want the best vacation possible- Whatever the cost.

Hotel Coz & Fiesta Americana were discussed between us but we're not too sure of what the shore diving would be like... I know this has been covered many times in other threads but we're kind of spoiled. We don't want to just swim out to some junk thrown in the water like engine blocks and tires. We want patches of coral & coral heads. It sounded like at FA you needed to kinda stick by the pier.

La Ceiba's too close to the cruise ships for us. Like I said, we're spoiled :11ztongue

Anybody done any diving off Hotel Coz?

And no, we will not be taking a taxi somewhere else for a shore dive. Again - spoiled. We might as well stay where we know we can dive.

Hey Jeff,

Why don't you be the first Scubaboarder to try the new Cozumel Palace :wink: so you can tell us all about it :)

I know the shore diving there is good, that's where I became an instructor. We usually piddled around there after we did our practice presentations during the IDC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom