Cozumel Divers are From ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know the demographics of the divers in Cozumel?

What percentage from what Country: Canada, US, Mexico, Europe etc?
Divers from US: What is the percentage from each state?

Just curious to see where most of the diver come from to dive on the Cozumel reefs.

AZDiver

Can't give you any facts, but after three winters I'd say everyone is from Colorado. We'll maybe not everyone, a lot from Texas maybe Arizona and Minnesota. Very few from the Northwest. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with cheap airfare and/or short flights. Then the rest of us.

adios don O

April was our second trip to Cozumel and it seemed we met a large number of Divers from Colorado. Last year the divers we met in Cozumel were a mix from all over the US not just from one state.

I also heard that Colorado certifies more divers than any other landlocked state (from a Colorado diver), but I was also heard the same about Arizona (from a LDS) ---which I can understand why as it is HOT here now!

Thanks,

AZDiver

Last week I met divers from Texas, Iowa, New Jersey, Utah, Spain, and Holland. I'm from Chicago. Texas seemed to be the #1 home state for the tourists I ran into.

I always meet fellow Texans in Coz. Its such a quick flight from Houston, how can we stay away?

Colorado does turn out a lot of divers. We have the highest per capita number of divers in the country, and last I heard, third highest number overall, after California and Florida. And yes, we often go to Cozumel.

When people ask most Colorado divers where we go diving around here, we answer "first we drive to the airport..."

We are from Hawaii (Oahu) and LOVE LOVE LOVE Coz. Last year we met people from FL and MD. They return every year also.

Sahel578:
I always meet fellow Texans in Coz. Its such a quick flight from Houston, how can we stay away?

I agree, 2 hours from Houston or Dallas, hard to beat. Coz ties with Roatan for the easiest place from here anyway!

From my experience, Colorado and Texas have to be two of the most likely places of meet divers in Coz from.

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom