Weather on the Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

We're going down to Cozumel on Monday and I just noticed on weather.com that the forecast was thundershowers all week. I was just wondering if this is normal down there this time of year? Thanks.

vel525:
Hey guys,

We're going down to Cozumel on Monday and I just noticed on weather.com that the forecast was thundershowers all week. I was just wondering if this is normal down there this time of year? Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. We'll be there on Wed. WooHoo!!! By the way, who are you diving with? We're diving with Blue XT Sea.

vel525:
Hey guys,

Not to worry. Last year, weather.com and wundergound both predicted "thunderstorms" or "chance of a thunderstorm" for every day of my 12 day stay. In realiity, it rained only twice, both times for less than an hour; the rest of the time we had a few scattered clouds.

Nothing you can do about it, anyway... ;^)

This time of year it ALWAYS says that. We are in the tropics and it is technically rainy season. It WILL rain at least once while you are here, and possibly every afternoon...but rarely does the rain cancel diving.

We have had alot of rain the past few days, but it has been mostly in the late afternoons and evenings.

One of my trips before I moved down here, it rained for a solid week, and it was actually the best trip I had down here before moving here...and was actually the one that prompted my "temporary" stay here :):) By the way, we haven't had a week like that SINCE...that was over four years ago :)

So, rain or shine, you'll have a great time :)

Martha:
I was wondering the same thing. We'll be there on Wed. WooHoo!!! By the way, who are you diving with? We're diving with Blue XT Sea.

I'm so excited!! We leave tomorrow morning!! We are diving with Dive with Martin. thanks for the info. Rain or shine it should be a great time.

I saw the same thing you did on weather.com. Disregard it. I was just there (May 24 - June 1) and it only rained twice. If it does rain, it won't last more than an hour. Think of it as a humidity booster :wink:

You get pretty advanced warning too. You'll see the storm coming from across the water and it gets very windy. It didn't interfere with anything and we didn't pack rain gear.

Thanks for all the info everyone! I know, rain or shine, we'll have a great time. I just didn't want our dives to be cancelled. We're looking forward to diving with you Christi!!!See you on Wed.

It's the same here in Florida in the summer...afternoon showers, just to be sure the humidity level is kept up! Think of it this way...most places you have to pay to go to a sauna...

Have fun & safe diving!

Hey guys, going to Coz next week. How 'bout the temp? Is it brutal, or tolerable? My wife thinks it will be tooooo hot.

Koots:
Hey guys, going to Coz next week. How 'bout the temp? Is it brutal, or tolerable? My wife thinks it will be tooooo hot.

I am going this Friday
It will be humid and the angle of the sun will be brutal.

I see the N.E is in the 90's with lots of humidity with a heat index of 102 thats also brutal.

I am in Texas the sun and heat are brutal every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom