Disney scuba excursion, Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decompression

Instructor...seriously...
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Does anyone know what Dive OP disney uses for their excursion in grand cayman?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 24th, 2014 at 01:03 PM ----------

Looks like it could be Redsail, anyone with pers experience? Thanks.

I've never done one of their cruises, but I'm curious if you get to see the Little Mermaid on the dive. Tee hee.

It's Red Sail but they're not your best option. Activities | Cayman Islands | Red Sail Sports Cayman

Plus the cruise excursion price is probably higher than if you book direct.

Post/PM if you're looking for other options - I can definitely suggest better for someone with your dive count. Two you can walk to.

---------- Post added August 25th, 2014 at 01:23 PM ----------

I've never done one of their cruises, but I'm curious if you get to see the Little Mermaid on the dive. Tee hee.
She's not Little but there's one at Sunset House...(no idea who the diver is)

mz-cayman-13.jpg

Last edited:

1dde40ba91cdde7f8f286a456b6d3a08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you DrBill, this is the Mickey Mermaid on Disneys private island.

Hello Diver steve,

I too will be arriving at Grand Cayman end of this month on a Disney Cruise Ship. I would like to find the best option for a two tank dive while returning to the ship in time for the departure. I am an experienced diver, so cattle cars with newbie divers is not my cup-of-tea. Not that I have any problem with newbies, I used to be one myself... but ya know what I mean.

Thanks,
Gar

Same question, I'm cruising October 17th - 22nd on Disney with a stop at big caymen and Cozumel. I spent a week at Cozumel before so good there, but would love a good operator recommendation and best site to hit list :)? I'm a PADI rescue diver with two hundred or so mostly cold water dives. Though it's a family vacation I'm dragging my gear along :wink:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's three operators that work out of Lobster Pot Dive Center in Georgetown. You can walk there (north of the cruise dock about 1/4mi+)
Lobster Pot is located along the George Town Waterfront on #245 North Church Street.

My personal preference is Wall to Wall but only because I know Giles (owner) slightly. Deep Blue gets good reviews here also.

Cruise Ship Visitors to Grand Cayman | Lobster Pot Dive Center
Off The Wall Divers - Grand Cayman Scuba Diving for small groups.

There's also: www.cruisediver.net - a division of Divers Down. IDK anything about them
Visitors to Grand Cayman arriving via a cruise ship can plan and pre-book their diving through Cruise Diver; our exclusive cruise program has been designed to work with the ship’s limited time schedule and our George Town location is only 4 minutes walk from the cruise ship terminal!

In the end I went with the ship booked excursion as I couldn't cancel in time. The OP was Redsail, they met us at the port and it was a short walk to the boat. A great boat with good staff, professional and courteous. The dives were good but not spectacular and the weather was cloudy. They didn't raise an eye at my sidemount gear which was nice, they knew I was an instructor and treated me nicely. Overall, slightly higher cost but nice to know 100% they will meet the departure time of the ship.

Back
Top Bottom