RCCL Vision Noember 6th - 15th, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb2eqe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

Wondering if anyone is going on the Vision 11/6 - 15, 2014 repositioning cruise. Looking for a OW dive buddy. Ports are (Ft Laud) Labadee, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Cayman (Tampa).S

Dive shop suggestions would be appreciated too. Concentrating on Curacao and Grand Cayman.

Mark

Red Sail is the cruise provider for RCCL. They're a few miles north of the port on Seven Mile Beach so a $20 cab ride each way. Activities | Cayman Islands | Red Sail Sports Cayman

There's several other options in Georgetown - including several you can walk to.

My usual recommendation is Wall to Wall Diving who work out of the Lobster Pot facility - walking distance north of the port - something around 2000' or so according to Google Earth. I've dove with the owner - Giles - in the past. Deep Blue is the other dive partner there. Cruise Ship Visitors to Grand Cayman |

There's also Cruise Diver which is owned by Divers Down. No exp. with them. Cruise Diver Grand Cayman

All the Cayman boat operators provide an in-water DM also on every trip - CITA regulations.

For shore diving Eden Rock is aboout 500' south of the cruise port. Decades of cruise divers haven't done it much good. Scuba Dive Cayman with Eden Rock Diving Center

Five minutes south by cab is Sunset House - the AI dive resort - also. Decent shore dives, My Bar is the area dive bar and the Cathy Church Photo Gallery/School/Store is there also. Good food at My Bar and it's waterfront. If you don't find a buddy that would be my choice to find one - we must've seen more than a dozen groups of divers diving there in the afternoon - SH only runs morning boat dives. Sunset House Home - Sunset House

From either shore dive you'll see your ship the entire time so no worries about missing the sailing. At Eden Rock they're just a little closer..lol
http://www.zydecocruiser.net/faqs/GCpics/eden_p.jpg

IDK who does the Cruise dives on Curacao - I suspect it might be Ocean Encounters - they have several locations within a few miles of the port. http://www.oceanencounters.com/en/

Another option there is shore diving at the Dive Bus shop on their house reef. http://www.the-dive-bus.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=438&Itemid=476

Either is a short cab ride from the MegaPort.

Last edited:
I loved my Curaçao Dive! I wrote a review on it. My ONLY issue is that I wanted to buy a T-shirt however I forgot. No clue to how to remedy that hint hint... Bas Hart who posted before I had a chance. All kidding aside I really think he is worth it and not something you would regret. His camera is amazing and he also takes great photos. I treasure them...although I have no t-shirt. Also regardless of him claiming you can not download the photos to a iPad from his site...you can with ICAB.

Bas, One Cool Diver Dude Who Knows His Stuff - Review of Bas Harts Diving Curacao, Willemstad, Curacao - TripAdvisor

Hi all

Wondering if anyone is going on the Vision 11/6 - 15, 2014 repositioning cruise. Looking for a OW dive buddy. Ports are (Ft Laud) Labadee, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Cayman (Tampa).S

Dive shop suggestions would be appreciated too. Concentrating on Curacao and Grand Cayman.

Mark

Hi, Mark,

I'm glad you started this thread. I am looking at the possibility of taking this cruise. One of the attractions thereof is the stop in Curacao since I've never been there before. I noticed that RCCL's shore excursions don't offer scuba.

Hopefully (if we do indeed take this cruise) we can find a dive excursion there.

I'm bummed Bas Harts! No more room for one more on Nov 10th?

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

If Bas is booked try Atlantis or the Dive Bus. Both are a couple miles south of the port/downtown area.

Atlantis Diving Curacao - Cruise ships
Diving Curacao for cruise ship passengers

Depending on your arrival time, Caribbean Sea Sports is an option also. They're about 2 miles north of the MegaPier at the Marriott. Same side of the harbor - the other side is going to be the where most people will head since almost all the shops are there. Their 2 tank leaves at 9AM. They keep their boats on-site. Caribbean Sea Sports Curacao - Home

Last edited:
Hey Mark it looks like a spot opened up!!! I just send you an email....

All dives we offer are private with a booking of 2 divers. That's why we fill up pretty rapidly. I know we can easily add one person to a trip, but thats simple not the product we are offering.

If we say you will get a private guide with a min. of 2 divers you will get a private dive!!

Our cars fit 4 divers, but are considered to be full when the have a booking of 2 divers.

We had one diver canceling and have a spot in a car with one other diver.

Hey Mark it looks like a spot opened up!!! I just send you an email....

Best news of the day! A spot opened for me with Bas. Now I know it's going to be a great trip.
04.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom