Dive buddy need NCL Dawn Roatan 1/22/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparky923

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for a dive buddy. Will be in port 8-5 in Roatan. Have talked to Kimberlie at Mayan Divers and she can hook up a couple of divers for a mid-morning dive, 80 for a 2 tank with your own gear, or 100 if you need gear.

I'm AOW with about 40 dives, and have dived Roatan a couple of times. Just looking for a dive from the locals and avoiding the cruise ship dive excursions.

Just email me (David) at traveler63@bellsouth.net

How was the dive with Mayan? I will be in the same situation next month. Thanks.

Never got a buddy. Had to book with Subway watersports. They have a dive shop at Turquoise Bay. They offer a beach day for 25 bucks (for the family) and a 2 tank dive for around 100. And transportation is included. They were waiting for us just outside the gate in Roatan. I recommend them highly. Really great diving. Their big dive boat was already out by the time we made it to the shop, so it was just me and Orman (DM) from Subway. We saw lots of great stuff.

Saw a spotted eagle ray, scorpion fish, reef squid, tons of lionfish, toadfish and beautiful reef. We went right out in front of the resort. I would use them again without hesitation.

P1010109.jpgP1010114.jpgP1010126.jpg

That's some seriously expensive transportation but i guess if you're the only diver on the boat with a dedicated dm probably worth it. Group of four or more too much to my mind!

That's some seriously expensive transportation but i guess if you're the only diver on the boat with a dedicated dm probably worth it. Group of four or more too much to my mind!

??????

Transportation was free. They picked us up at the cruise terminal. Which is a great perk for Roatan, because taxis are pretty expensive. If you dive Mayan, Bananarama, Barefoot, then it's usually about a 40 dollar additional charge for a round trip taxi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom