Maybe headed to South Carolina next week & possibly weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hows the water up there after Ophelia? Has anyone been offshore? I may be headed to South Carolina on the 26th and if thats the case, I'd like to jump on a boat to hit a wreck or two on Oct 1st if conditions are cooperating?

Which operators should I be calling? A phone number or email would be a great addition to any answers as well :D

Call Cameron at Coastal Scuba. I have been with those guys a few times with good luck. Make sure that you are going to the "Raritan" or "18 Fathoms" wrecks. Those are the two best. Don't waste your time with Barracuda Alley - the vis sucks.

Hows the visibility after your last hurricane? Any reports?

Work wants to send me over there for a week or so, I don't really want to go, but I may if I can get a good dive in...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Hows the visibility after your last hurricane? Any reports?

Work wants to send me over there for a week or so, I don't really want to go, but I may if I can get a good dive in...

You can also check out Dolphin Dive Charter, http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/ he has the best boat in the area, 65' lots of space, lets you dive your own profiles....Capt. Tuck is great.

What are their normal rates for a two tank dive?

Thanks for the recommendations!

Mat,
ONLY for you, the ABNORMAL rates apply!. j/k Drive and dive safely

Actually, I think I'm going to tell work I'm not gonna go.. I need to save for the next few Meet-n-Greets. They pay for my room and board, but not for my dives and whatever I use to entertain myself during the nights.

"Sucks" is a relative term. We did Barracuda Alley back in June and the viz was around 30-40 ft.

Matt call scubadivinerick he's in S. NC.

Back
Top Bottom