Treasure adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beach750

Registered
Reaction score
We will be diving on a 1622 Spanish Galleon Oct. 5/6th? subject to weather. The site is basically 100 miles S/SW of Morgan City, La, 100 miles SE of Galveston, Tx and East of the East Flower gardens and lays at 90-100 feet at the stern.

I am the CEO of the company that owns the site. We have recovered a limited number of artifacts with a "street" value of $283,000. +/-. This dive is to enter the stern and recovery a small quantity of the contents of one of the 24 chests. On the previous dives we entered the gundeck at 160 feet. We expect to be on site incl. sailing time 2-3 days. If all goes as planned we will depart Th. 1-2 AM and be onsite at daylight.

I have numerous divers that have inquired into participating in this venture. I have room for six. The only compensation will be as follows; We supply the boat, air/nitrox, provisions, quarters and a token of the recovered items. The boat is a 67 ft yacht docked South of Galveston. If you are rated and want to experience the excitement of treasure recovery email me at jcross@scgusa.com or call 321-446-6013 (c) for more info. Joe Cross

Sounds pretty exciting, how did you go about getting ownership of the site?

Wish I could go.

beach750:
I have numerous divers that have inquired into participating in this venture. I have room for six. The only compensation will be as follows; We supply the boat, air/nitrox, provisions, quarters and a token of the recovered items. The boat is a 67 ft yacht docked South of Galveston. If you are rated and want to experience the excitement of treasure recovery email me at jcross@scgusa.com or call 321-446-6013 (c) for more info. Joe Cross
Wow! Welcome to SB Joe! Please, tell me there'll be another trip! Sounds exciting but my next couple of weeks are booked. Good luck, dive safe!

Welcome to the board!
Sounds like fun.....wish I could go.

Joe

Hi Joe and welcome to ScubaBoard, good luck finding some divers. Please report back on your success.
David

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sounds pretty exciting, how did you go about getting ownership of the site?

Wish I could go.
I am sorry that you cannot make it. We purchased the site location long/lat and then applied to the courts and were granted the ownership.

Joe

dlndavid:
Hi Joe and welcome to ScubaBoard, good luck finding some divers. Please report back on your success.
David
Thanks for the welcome. My phone has been busy with a lot of talented divers. I will report the results.
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom