Jan 14, 15, 16 Pensacola/Gulf Shores trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody interested in forming a trip offshore the weekend of Jan 14, 15, or 16? I've got an email into Gary (who's out for the holidays) to see if he can provide gear/boat. Need at least 4 divers. Destin/Pensacola/Gulf Shores/Pascagoula are all interesting to me.

Water temps in the high 50's-mid 60's. Winds questionable.

Failing offshore, I have an offer to join SuprBugMan to do some shore/springs dive in the area. I'm sure others would be welcome, as well.

Happy Holidays!!!! I have to get some of this new gear wet!

paulwall:
Water temps in the high 50's-mid 60's. Winds questionable.

Failing offshore, I have an offer to join SuprBugMan to do some shore/springs dive in the area. I'm sure others would be welcome, as well.
Yall have fun! I'll only show if if there is a distinct chance of waist or even chest high waves in the forecast!

Howard

philmottrek99and02:
Yall have fun! I'll only show if if there is a distinct chance of waist or even chest high waves in the forecast!

Howard

Fan of the big waves, are we?

paulwall:
Fan of the big waves, are we?
Must be my personality! Seems like everytime bugman and I wanted to shore dive the wrecks... SURFS UP! BAM! Gulf would be totally flat before and afterwards.

Maybe. Mike_s and I were talking about it yesterday. I was planning on working MLK day and defer it until May when I go to the Dry Tortugas. I also need a kitchen pass.:) I should know by the 2nd.

RocketMan:
Maybe. Mike_s and were talking about it yesterday. I was planning on working MLK day and defer it until May when I go to the Dry Tortugas. I also need a kitchen pass.:) I should know by the 2nd.

Haven't dived with Mike in months (Destin jetties, remember). Come along! Gary's web site is down, too, so I don't know if he's getting emails.

He did respond to my inquiry about the Deep Tec Class in April. Man, do I need to get into shape!

paulwall:
Haven't dived with Mike in months (Destin jetties, remember). Come along! Gary's web site is down, too, so I don't know if he's getting emails.

He did respond to my inquiry about the Deep Tec Class in April. Man, do I need to get into shape!

Mike is in Gatlinburg until Tuesday. I'll talk to him then. Of course he's doesn't seem to like cool water. He thought I was crazy for diving on the 17th in 58 degree water. Anyway I'll know more Tuesday.

BTW, have you got that new reg wet (other than the bath tub) yet?

RocketMan:
BTW, have you got that new reg wet (other than the bath tub) yet?

Uh, which one. I've been diving the heck out of the Zeagle. The Sea Elite is in the closet in its' new bag. 3 reg sets is too many (Sherwood, Zeagle/Oceanic, Sea Elite). Maybe I should take up deco diving....

Why do you think I want to make this trip? Gotta put the reg through its' paces.

paulwall:
.....snip..... 3 reg sets is too many (Sherwood, Zeagle/Oceanic, Sea Elite)

I'd be glad to help you with your problem. Just send the Sea Elite to me. I can PM you my mailing address. :)

RocketMan:
I'd be glad to help you with your problem. Just send the Sea Elite to me. I can PM you my mailing address. :)

Uh, mike had first dibs, and I wouldn't want to upset Phil, and what about the "upgrades" I had to add to it (Octo, Dive Rite SPG, Inflator Hose, split fins, and Reg Bag)? :D It's mine, all mine....At least until I dive with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom