Ft. Pickens Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dive Site: Ft. Pickens / 2 Dives / (Pensacola area)
Date: Sun. Feb. 5th
Departure Time: 12: noon
Boat: H2o Below
Cost: $35.

Call Gary @ 251.968.4279

algulfdiver:
Dive Site: Ft. Pickens / 2 Dives / (Pensacola area)
Date: Sun. Feb. 5th
Departure Time: 12: noon
Boat: H2o Below
Cost: $35.

Call Gary @ 251.968.4279

Gary:

What kind of profile will this be? I assume this will share a boat with a check-out class. Is it timed to hit a high tide, or will viz not be an issue?

I'm curious, and somewhat interested....

Max depth used to be ~55', high tide is predicted around 2:30ish according to saltwatertides.com so current shouldn't be too big of a deal and visibility will be the best its gonna get that day. Keep your fingers crossed for the surf to die and let some of the particulate to settle :)

$35 for a run out to the Ft Picken's jetties isn't that big of a deal and you won't have to haul your gear over that damned wall.

What He Said.LOL
You can't get there except by boat, the road is still closed from what I hear.

Its definatley still closed, I checked on it last week.

I may be out there, some friends and I are supposed to be camping out near McCrary via Miss Jellyfish. So I might zoom on over across the channel. Hope you get enough on the H2oBelow though :)

Well..I want to get some diving in this weekend and not up here in the mudhole. I am coming down that way (panhandle) and go diving probably leaving Thursday night.. May do Vortex on Friday. After that I am wide open. Like to do a gulf boat trip if possible. Anyone got any grand or semi grand ideas??? (I need a buddy or three)!

The hossman..

SuPrBuGmAn:

I may be out there, some friends and I are supposed to be camping out near McCrary via Miss Jellyfish. So I might zoom on over across the channel. Hope you get enough on the H2oBelow though :)

When you checked, did you get any feedback as to how much longer it will likely be before the road is repaired? I am keeping my fingers crossed for this year!! Loved that place.

There are no dunes left to the beach to protect the road, even a slight tropical storm hitting anywhere in the area with minimal surge would wash it away(Arlene for example washed the nearly finished road after Ivan).

Last I heard, they were looking for an alternative route to it, via raised roadway or maybe even a ferry?

SuPrBuGmAn:

there was a story in the P'cola news journal about the road last week.

it's gonna be closed for a while, but they will now let people walk on
what's left of the road from the gate. Of course that doesn't help
much with scuba gear and that distance. do a search on their site
for the article if you want it. (I don't think I kept the URL)
-mike

Back
Top Bottom