Tn & surrounding area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easyguy101

Registered
Reaction score
hey i was wondering if you guys knew of any good places to go in tennessee or in the surrounding areas, i am from memphis

Well, let's see. As mentioned there's Martha's Quarry in Lebanon, Heber Springs, Arkansas, Lake Ouchita, Lake Norfolk, Pelham, Al., Mermet Springs, Il., Bonne Terre mines near St. Louis. I dove Sardis today, Viz was 2 to 3 ft. Lots of stumps to look at. Did see a few crappie and some nice catfish. It got pretty dark below 15 feet though. I dive with Easy Diver's on Shelby Oaks and we are scheduled to go to Mermet Illinois next weekend. H20 on Union is going to Heber Springs next weekend and I may end up going with them. Not sure if the Dive Shop has anything special going on next weekend but they usually have regular trips to Heber a couple of times a month.

Try Lake Norfork in AR viz is around 40ft and lots of places to dive. Jorden Landing and dive shop is your friend !

I am from the Memphis area originally. Most people I know there dive Mermet Springs or Heber (already mentioned by Don Wray). PM me if you hear of any new places. I'll bring my gear the next time I come over to visit my folks in Dyersburg.
Just stay out of the big muddy!

Back
Top Bottom