Blue Hole Glencoe Alabama Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwhitlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
9/16 I Meet Two Friends Of Mine At The Blue Hole In Glencoe Alabama , Which Is An Old Flooded Quarry With Max Depths Around 150 Ft.

The First Dive Was Really Cool We Max Out At 120 Ft. And Water Temps Were A Bit Chilly After The A Harsh Thermo Cline It Went From The 70s To The Lowwwww 50s. We Spent Most Of Our Bottom Time Around An Old Ski Boat. Vis. Was About 50-60 Ft. Great Experience.....

The Second Dive Was To A Sunked 18 Wheeler Trailer Which We Quickly Passed And Eased A Little Deeper To Check Out Some Rock Formations And Local Marine Life. There Was Alot Of Large Brim And Bass And One Extremly Large Cat Fish We Discovered In Another Sunken Boat. Max Depth Was 71 Ft. And Vis. Was Still 50-60 Ft. Hope To Dive It Again Soon Had A Great Time.....

Wow, sounds like that quarry has some damned good visibility :D Might have to check it out.

I bet even MDB would dive there. It would remind her of home. Heck, she could wear the drysuit without being laughed at (as much).

Sissy..............

If you want to dive Glencoe, better hurry. The place is for sale and there are rumors that the current owner/operator is planning to shut it down beforehand.

BTW... we'll be diving a 50' vis quarry this weekend with bottom temps of 76 below the first thermocline and 68f on the bottom at 45 to 55'

This quarry doesn't have a name?

SuPrBuGmAn:
This quarry doesn't have a name?
What *HE* said... And the name is... ?

Btw, for those of you local to Ga/Tenn... Loch Low-Minn had about 50ft. viz this past weekend, with the surface around 82F...perfecto...

We hear they're getting in their paddlefish next weekend... Nothing like diving with the dinosaurs...

Back
Top Bottom