Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
2006 OCTOBER SHOOTOUT SPEARFISHING TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Diving is open to all waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
2. Competition begins at 5:00 a.m. Saturday, October 21st and ends when scales close at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 21, 2006. This is a one day tournament.
3. Bad Weather Rule: 12 consecutive hours without small a craft caution issued by the National
Weather Service constitute a valid rodeo.
4. All SCUBA diving contestants must be SCUBA certified and possess a Certification Card.
5. Eligible fish are flounder, sheepshead, mangrove (black) snapper and red snapper.
All fish must be speared by the diver while submerged and must be brought to the beach or boat by
the diver who speared it. Fish caught by line or by means other than a spear gun are not eligible.
6. Only rubber powered and pneumatic spear guns, loaded by contestants muscle power, will be
permitted. Gas guns, power heads, shark darts, or spears powered by explosive means, chumming,
or chemicals, will not be permitted.
7. All fish are subject to autopsy. No frozen fish will be accepted. Any attempt to defraud or cheat in
the Rodeo, in any way, will automatically disqualify the offender and all his/her fish.
8. Both male and female contestants will be eligible for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards, but may win
only once in each of three (3) categories.
9. No ties will be considered. An entry must exceed the weight of the previously entered fish.
Decisions by the WEIGHMASTER are final! Contestants must weigh in their own fish.
10. Winners must be present at the awards ceremony, or notify a Tournament official personally in
advance if a representative is to accept an award on their behalf.
11. All protests must be submitted in writing before the awards ceremony. Tournament official will
rule on these prior to this time. Decisions by the Tournament Officials will be final.
12. All fish weighed in remain the property of the contestant.
13. Scoring is as follows: Ten (10) points per fish CATEGORY entered and one (1) point per
POUND, up to Fifty (50) points maximum per category.
Well bugman what do you think about the Oct shoot out You want to team up with me and find another guy? We can use my boat and hit some of the closer sites the gas will be on me. Not that big of a flounder took first last weekend. I have three guns so that no problem either. I do know where some nice Sheephead hangs out
Gary it is nice of Gulfdivers to take the time and sponsor this Thank you I’ll defiantly see you at the scales. How about posting the new site to the Alabama spearfishing where we can get the sign up info?
The last three tournements in the Gulf have yielded flounder of smaller size than flounder I have taken off the beach within 48 hours of the tournement. I really should sign up for one of these... I know where a pair of 3+lb flounder are as we speak A couple of sheepshead too, but not too terribly big.
I may be interested and I can chip in on gas. I do have a gun, so thats not a problem
If you decide you want to do it don’t worry about nothing I got you covered It is worth it for a partner If you feel you need to put in anything you can buy a few drinks and some can cat food Dang now what made me say that I meant chips sorry Gary baiting never crossed my mind honestly I was thinking sheep head I mean BBQ chips
We could use one more if you know anyone. I wanted to take my boat out this week but I kinda got tied up putting a hardtop on it and having trouble with my welder it will take me a few day at this rate I’m going
I'm definately considering it, there's alot going on in October though... Vortoberfest, MegaDive(which I'mthinking I'm gonna hafta skip this year), and there's the whole thing where I'm supposed to be saving for a newer car :P
I'm in Gary. We will be either diving as Team SPEARIT or Beth at Down Under is putting together an ALL female Spearfishing team. We have four already. The pics should be interesting. This time I'm signing myself up, Capt Tim is easily distracted from things like paperwork. By the post above I didn't understand if their is a female category or is it everyone in one category? This is going to be a BLAST!