Beaufort, South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! I've added it to my favorite site. Hope to get there sometime next summer..

Cindy

:wink:

How very flattering! :)

Thanks... I hope you'll come dive with us. I can't wait to post the pictures from our last dive. (Betsy Ross, a 430' Liberty class Navy ship)

As soon as I get pictures, they'll be up!

When are you coming to the area, Cindy?

When is the water temp a little warmer than now??? I'm not a cold water diver...
The Kentucky post is having a meeting to discuss some trips for next year & I'm gonna suggest going there for wreck diving. Never done one before but seems like it would be pretty cool!!!

Cindy
:)

This weekend we experienced water temps near 80 degrees. At 100 feet on the bow of the 'Ross, I saw 78 degrees. A plain 3/2 mil was great for this water.

If you check the site and look at Dives/Before You Dive/Offshore South Carolina you can see a live report from a buoy moored not too far from the 'Ross.

The water can get all the way up to about 88 degrees in the summer, but it's still plenty warm now due to the Gulf Stream.

Better make it quick, though... That water goes to a chilly 50 degrees when the 'Stream shifts around January. It doesn't break 70 again until Mid-March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom