Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Britt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Madison Water and Wastewater Board has allowed us to submit one last proposal to re-open the Madison Quarry for public recreational diving use. We turned in the proposal last week.

We have been in contact with them for the last few months and now we need everyones support. Please sign the petition on our website. We would like to take the signatures to the Water Board to show them that the Madison Quarry is needed. As in our previous proposal, our proposal outlines how it can be operated for public use, not just for limited usage.

Better Diver Madison Quarry Petition

I signed the petition. Lets hear it for local diving

Should I also fax in a roster of the divers here in Baton Rouge who have been wanting to dive Madison for quite some time now? :wink:

(Sorry, but I can't provide actual notarized bank statements showing how much disposable income we'd *really* love to spend up there. :biggrin:)

You could have them sign the online petition, or email me a list of people to include with the final submission.

I have several emails from other dive shops in AL, TN, MS, and GA with info concerning how many people they used to bring to the quarry, how much they usually spent during the trip, etc. If you want to send me info like that, i would gladly add it to the paperwork.

Same for other dive shops and clubs. Send me the info and I will find a way to use it.

We are up to 200 signatures. Thank you all and please keep telling everyone about it. The more names, the better the results might be.

I'll sign, if i could find out what the proposal is. Otherwise I want attach my signature to a blank check. We really need to klnow what we are supporting.

Britt, that is a good idea. Let us know some of the details of what you have proposed. Maybe there is some way we can assist. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

#234 here. :)

I signed up as #242. I really hope it helps. I miss Madison.

Back
Top Bottom