SPRINGFEST II April 24th, 25th and 26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Time to make plans on your vacation calendar for Springfest II at Vortex of course. I think this would be a good weekend since it gives everyone a weekend between tax day and the beginning of the fun times. That would give some people a little extra time to finish their tax work.

Updated Information:

Its called Spring SpringFest because its basically a Springtime Megadive based around the springs(Vortex/Morrison/Cypress/etc). There is usually a group that attempts an offshore dive, I think they have a tradition on getting blown out in one sense or another - LOL

We use Vortex as a basecamp and there's usually a big BBQ/cookout on Saturday night. We dive everywhere in the area, including Vortex, Morrison, usually a trip to Cypress and/or the Mill Pond too.

Tides for East Pass (Destin) starting with April 24, 2009.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible
F 24 High 9:42 AM 0.7 6:09 AM Rise 5:27 AM 1
24 Low 7:42 PM -0.1 7:19 PM Set 7:12 PM
Sa 25 High 10:13 AM 0.8 6:08 AM Rise 6:07 AM 0
25 Low 8:46 PM -0.1 7:20 PM Set 8:20 PM
Su 26 High 10:58 AM 0.8 6:07 AM Rise 6:53 AM 0
26 Low 10:04 PM -0.1 7:21 PM Set 9:30 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
What an old thread you found there. I totally missed that discussion thread 6 months ago. There was talk this past weekend at Vortoberfest IV that an additional weekend between tax day and Springfest would benefit many. We could make is consistantly the 2nd weekend after tax day. I know that would not make it exactly 6 months after Vortoberfest, But close. Some folks like it the same weekend every year. Including me. The weekend after tax day would be tough for some. Opinions?

You know you have my vote for the 2nd weekend after tax day which would be the 24th. I had a great time at Vortoberfest and was so much more relaxed and had the energy to do more diving because I had not just finished that awful tax deadline. Some of us were also talking about adding another day to it and staying til Monday :D

Some of us were also talking about adding another day to it and staying til Monday :D
Maybe come on Thursday as some did for Vortoberfest IV and stay until Monday. Maybe. No way I could do that the week before.

You know you have my vote for the 2nd weekend after tax day which would be the 24th. I had a great time at Vortoberfest and was so much more relaxed and had the energy to do more diving because I had not just finished that awful tax deadline. Some of us were also talking about adding another day to it and staying til Monday :D

you must not have caught my above suggestion to do it the weekend before so you could do all our taxes when we got there? :rofl3:

you must not have caught my above suggestion to do it the weekend before so you could do all our taxes when we got there? :rofl3:

You must not have caught that I was ignoring you....:wink:

Well, I have spoken to "General Grumby" and she is plannning on calling Shane and reserving our spot for that weekend!
The 24th-26th sounds like a perfect time. That will allow all of our Accounting dive Buddies to attend with a minimal amount of stress. I know there was an old thread about it, but it is just that, old!

Don't care when, I plan to be there :)

Got the Kraken Kampsite reserved.

the K

Back
Top Bottom