Springfest III April 23rd-25th @ Vortex Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the past we have done Springfest after tax day so those of us that are in that business can make it. It was discussed last weekend at Vortoberfest the we need to do it when the tides are more in our favor since many of us head to the coast.
I am looking for some suggestions. The weekends of the 17th and 24th look good to me as far as tides go.

Please give some input and we will set the date this week so we can all reserve our sites etc.

Well both dates look great. In looking at the tide charts, April 17th weekend has high tides around noon and the 24th weekend has neap tides with early AM tides like around 9:00 AM and again at 9:00 PM ish. I think I'd lean toward the 24th as no matter what time you dive it will be safe, but early and late will be better viz which could give you a night dive option at St. Andrews!

I think I'd lean toward the 24th as no matter what time you dive it will be safe, but early and late will be better viz which could give you a night dive option at St. Andrews!
I have always wanted to get in a night dive there. All we need to do is get a campsite for whichever night and get the code to the gate. Which I would not mind doing.

In the past we have done Springfest after tax day so those of us that are in that business can make it. It was discussed last weekend at Vortoberfest the we need to do it when the tides are more in our favor since many of us head to the coast.
I am looking for some suggestions. The weekends of the 17th and 24th look good to me as far as tides go.

Please give some input and we will set the date this week so we can all reserve our sites etc.

Snep.... thanks for starting this thread and for bringing the date up for discussion.

Much better to have a weekend that is agreed upon! :thumb:

I am not sure what my schedule is quite that far out yet. Although, I think that the April 24th weekend sounds like it would be the best date regardless.

I should be good for either..

I think Kraken has told Shane to set up Springfest for the weekend of April 24th. That way, it will give Denise and other preparers the weekend after tax day to recover prior to the big party! :D

Carolyn:shark2:

I'll be at the area springs and using Vortex as a basecamp, plenty of other weekends to hit the jetties :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom