quarry diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CTurtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Will be taking my son to Huntsville, AL & am curious if there are any quarries we can dive anywhere between Huntsville & Atlanta. Trips not gonna be until next summer (he's working on a Boy Scout badge & he needs to do the planning & work on a budget to save for part of it). Thought we could get in some dives on the way down there & on the way home.

Cturtle,

Doug B. just got back from there and he loved it. You know him but may not recognize the name right away. Can you pack me in the trunk and take me too?

A vacation is just not a vacation unless I can get underwater! :D
Don't have to pack you in the trunk Cincy, since we're gonna drive down there...We'll just have to tie you to the top of the car since it'll be loaded down with STUFF!:auto:

CTurtle once bubbled...
A vacation is just not a vacation unless I can get underwater! :D
Don't have to pack you in the trunk Cincy, since we're gonna drive down there...We'll just have to tie you to the top of the car since it'll be loaded down with STUFF!:auto:

Just use bungee's not twine please.

LOL, he can be your hood ornament, hehe and even stick out his hands to point in the direction that you need to turn. :)

steve

in Pelham, Alabama. It's run by Alabama Bluewater Adventures. I am not sure if it's on the list from the website that was mentioned previously. It's about 2 and a half hours from Atlanta, near Birmingham.

The max depth is only about 140, but the viz is good, 30-40 feet. There are things down there like cars and boats and a dolphin statue named "Flipper". LOL

It cost $15 to get in, and they also have an on-site dive shop that rents all sorts of gear.

here's their website:
http://www.divealabama.com

Bluewater also has 2 old firetrucks, and an old school bus that you can dive in and around. i havent been there in a little over 4 years but probable have close to 100 dives there. the bad part about Bluewater is you have to carry your gear up and down a lot of stairs to get to the water, or up and down a hill.

steve

hi
i am from n.c. charlotte area i have done several quarry dives during the day, but tonight i am doing my first night dive any suggestions other than bring a bright light.
thanks

iroczkeepr once bubbled...
hi
i am from n.c. charlotte area i have done several quarry dives during the day, but tonight i am doing my first night dive any suggestions other than bring a bright light.
thanks

In your profile you mentioned Nitrox! You made it sound like your an experienced diver. Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom