Madison, Alabama?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inter_alia

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience diving at the Madison Aquatic Park (also a paintball place) www.rockdivers.com in Madison/ Huntsville? I will be up there for Thanksgiving and the Park is open that weekend.
With only a dive or three, I can handle 66 degrees in a 5mm with hood -- I think that'd be enough. The weather has been favorable this year, apparently the temps are only slowly cooling the quarry.

Any comments or advice are appreciated.

Thanks!

Just remember that it will be 66 on the surface. I dive the quarry in Pelham several times a year and even in mid summer thermoclines can drop the water to the mid 50's.

Dave

Quarrys are infamous for multiple thermoclines. Be prepared for this! That "warm" 66F at the surface quickly begins to drop after you hit the first "layer". So don't forget some gloves in addition to that hood!

Have fun,

A lot of people around here do their OW cert dives there. It's a decent place to dive for those of us that are landlocked! It has nice entry and exit points and a great training platform. As you could tell from the website it has a lot of sunken stuff to look at. But it's not very deep - I think less than 50 feet at it's deepest point and that's laying on the bottom!

You'll have a good time there just getting in the water. But it will be cold!

Harbour

RockDivers is a great dive spot for new divers, but im sure its colder than 66 by now, although i havent been there since august. but anytime you wanna go and need buddies i know alot of divers eager for newbies to show around. AquaRock TdownAu@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom