Arkansas diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to mountain home last year to fly fish and i was blown away by the amount of dive shops I saw on the trip. I never thought about lake diving. What would you recommend in Arkansas?

Lake Ouachita is good
DeGray Lake is very clear
Lake Hamilton holds a lot of Algea throughout the year, from what I've seen
Heber Springs / Greers Ferry is hit or miss, depending on the Algea blooms for the year; it hasn't been very clear the past few years because of a tornado according to local divers. However, if you know where the jumping cliffs are, you can find some interesting things. I've found a sword (yes, a sword), knives, wallets, sunglasses and an anchor that I sold for $150.

If you're on Facebook, look up SCUBA and Spears. It's a group we just started to help organize affordable dive trips for inland divers.

JP

Depends on what part of Ar. Eureka Springs has Beaver Lake which at times can have visibility of over 30 feet. You have to catch it at the right time though!

I recommend Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs, Lake is set in rock so visibility is great and the scenery will snatch the breath right out of your chest...I live it and live and dive here all the time. Can't beat it for sure.

DeGray is good. My personal favorite thing to do is pick a random island, dock my boat, suit up with my buddies, and swim deep around the island, I've seen some of the most massive fish I've ever seen doing this. If you do this technique at Oauchita, which has HUGE quarts content in the rocks, you can sometimes fine 5 acre islands that are based on ONE solid piece of quarts, I still have the coordinates for that particular island, in fact. I visit it every time I'm in Arkansas

Back
Top Bottom