Free Dive Sites KMZ files for Google Earth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerlDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone. I am back on ScubaBoard after a couple of years off. Due to so many new divers coming and going, I wanted to post this link once again.

I have collected a large number of Gulf coast and Florida Atlantic coast dive sites from all over the internet, and converted them into region-specific KMZ files which can be used with Google Earth. Also included, from Leslie Sapp, are locations of many springs sites around Northern and Central Florida.

Go to the website link below, click on each KMZ file link and download to your computer. Open in Google Earth and enjoy browsing.

Note: Due to requests by local divers, the Gulf Shores West Beach paddle wheel coordinates have been removed. All other coordinates found around the internet are included.

Enjoy!!

Gulf Diving Home Page

Bruce

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen a couple of these sites but they only cover the south east. Is there another site where you can get KMZ files for other areas?

Google this for 1100 sites worldwide - I used the 2nd link down.

Dive Site Collection.kmz

http://divelogs.de/divelogs_public_dives.kml - they take their logged dives and convert them.

I think it's over 4K sites now. 25MB download.

That is interesting but I was looking for something like this site. Center for Spatial Analysis KML / KMZ files Each download is one NOAA chart and when you click on that it opens google earth to the area the chart covers and overlays the chart onto google earth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom