Anyone Diving around Panama City?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfettig

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I haven't been diving long and been dying to go again. Im Currently working on my 22' boat but untill I get it done I decieded to give a charter a try. Got a pcdc dive certificate and wondering what the water conditions were like rite now. Also just kinda trying to meet like minded people to possibly dive with in the future. I am spearfishing so a report on that would be awesome too. Any help would be great!

First, Welcome to the SB! I live in the Cove, and I was last in the water in October, and we spearfished. Lets hit the basics first. The water is pretty cold right now. Not many folks like cold water around here. You gotta be desperate or love to dive to splash in 66 degree water in the winter, just checked temps by way of google. Vis is hit or miss atm. I would call the local shops and check on conditions....You can pm me if you want to meet up and dive,but not till march/april.. I'm into boat resto's also. I'm looking for my next boat. Got my eye on a 21' cuddy....just cant get the owner to part with it, even tho he hasn't ran it in years... My name is Josh.

I'm free Sundays and some Saturdays for just about anything - be it wrecks, spearing, St. Andrew's, etc...

Like mentioned, the water is a bit chilly and the viz unpredictable...neither of which bother me much, but every person is different. I could always use another dive buddy so drop me a PM if you'd like to go splash.

Thanks for the info! Im not to worried about the temp. I have a 5mm suit ill be diving and prob. be picking up a hood. I work at arizona chemical so its rotating shift work with days one week nights the next and a bunch of days off. It seems like every chance I have had to go here lately the weather has been terrible. Thinking maybe a jettie dive soon or I have all my own gear and got a certificate for a charter on a panama city dive center boat from my wife. Have either of yall been on them?

I work at the papermill! so not far from AZ! and I rotate just like you! I'm up for a jetties dive...but I'll be in a 3mil lol! I've dived with divers den and with Better bottom time... BBT will take anybody from the local shops...I went thru Panama City Dive Charters for that one. The last time I went with PCDC(dive center) was about 15 yrs ago. And lastly I didnt care for the way i was treated at dive locker so I've never been thru them. Ive got a flag and float if you need one for a jetties trip...dont pay a rental for that! LMK josh

Water temp. today in Destin was 53F. jbm and I are trying to hook up for St. Andrews (last year weather did us in). High tides happen at times in Feb. so we'll see -- you may want to join us.

Thanks again! We have the same shifts as the mill so we might be able to get up for a dive sometime. Im going on my one off shift on 1/13/14. When you say that BBT takes any of the dive shops I can use my gift certificate on their boat? Im def. up for a st andrews dive. If anyone is planning one just let me know the day and I can see if I am off. I dive with a few guys here at work (one is a dive master) so maybe we could all get together.

you would have to call pcdc and see if your gc is good to use and if they can book for you thru bbt! I have no clue if bbt is even running right now! josh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom