diving near Charleston, South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fringehead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Folly Beach, SC for a wedding the week of April 28 - May 4. Can anyone suggest a good local dive operation (day boat) in the Charleston area? Also, what kind of water temps can I expect? I dive a 7 mm here in Southern California but have a 3 mm for warmer waters. Thanks!

Charleston Scuba. It's literally a block past where you'll turn south off 17 to go to Folly Beach from the airport. - Charleston Scuba - Full Service PADI 5-Star IDC - been there, was going to dive with them but weather cancelled our trip the one day we could go.

Low Country is in Mt. Pleasant on the other side of the Cooper River also - a little farther drive. www.lowcountryscuba.com - don't know anything about them.

You can get real #'s here for the water temperature. NDBC - Station 41004

But check it closer to when you leave - it's showing 68 now but in June I dove off Myrtle Beach (farther north) in a t-shirt/boardshorts and the water had to be 84-85. It's pretty shallow so probably heats up quick. And if you go out on an all day trip to the deeper wrecks, they're on the fringe of the Gulf Stream. That's a long ride out though.

The South Carolina Aquarium in downtown Charleston is worth a look also. About the size of the new Scripps Aquarium.

Thanks! Great info, much appreciated. I'll check those websites out when I come back from work today.

The current water temp in the rivers here in Charleston is 65°F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 07:15 AM ----------

The primary difference between Lowcountry Scuba and Charleston Scuba in my personal opinion is Lowcountry loves spearfishing in Charleston Scuba hates spearfishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom