Avid diver moving to Montgomery, Al looking for dive locations/clubs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sortsol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm moving to Montgomery Alabama and am looking to find out where in the area are some good places to dive? Would love to dive locally to the area, but will drive several hours if need be!

Any locals with some tips? Anyone nearby??

Lakes, Rivers, Caves?? Florida Panhandle?

Let's hear it!

Well, you're in Luck. Panama City and Pensacola are quite close, a few hours of driving.

There are also several springs around the Marianna, FL area. Birmingham, an hour to the north, also has a nice quarry in Pelham.

If you ever need a local buddy, just shoot me a PM; I can make it to Pensacola/Panama City most weekends, and would be happy to show you around. I live only about an hour to your east.

Uh... Honolulu to Montgomery, AL... yeah...hmmm, hey Sortsol, when the US Marshalls put you in the Witness Protection Program, didn't they tell you to not post stuff like this?

Thanks all for the replies. Anyone else have input? What about dive shops in Montgomery, or elsewhere...which ones are any good?

Sorry, never shopped there.

I've recently started using Adventure Sports II in Montgomery as a dive shop. They are really nice, they don't try to sell you stuff you don't need, and they do lots of little trips along with big ones. Look them up on Facebook, if you have a profile. They post where they are going on there.

I have switched to them from my previous dive shop and have been very happy so far.

BTW, I'm in Tuscaloosa and I'm always looking for a dive buddy. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom