New to diving Pensacola looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clar

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I have recently started diving and just completed my advanced certification. I would love to continue diving, but am totally new to the area here in Pensacola and it would be great to find some dive buddies open to newer divers. I am planning on buying all my gear soon but was holding off until I was sure I found ways to dive outside of just getting more certifications. If any of you have suggestions on anything at all as far as diving in the Pensacola region or just in general, it would be so appreciated!

Dr Dive sez:
Check out Gulf Coast Dive Society on Facebook. Lots of divers, all levels, and areas of interests. Always someone doing a dive, shore or boat, usually with a bunch of other folks, and having fun. This group will present lots of opportunities for fun and diving. Lots of support and assistance too. Check em out. One of the best dive groups I've seen. Tell em Dr Dive sent you.

Thank you! I actually joined that group just yesterday- its a great resource!

I'm in Pensacola almost every month. I usually dive with Niuhi, because it's closer to my condo, but I often find myself doing beach dives from Ft. Pickens to Gulf Shores. I'll keep you in the loop next time I'm in the area (I'll be down the weekend of July 25th for sure).

I go down to Pensacola often; and am open to diving with new divers.

What sort of diving were you interested in?

If you want a recommendation for a charter; I recommend Capt Tim Thorsen with Viking Diving.

Sounds great, thank you.

---------- Post added June 27th, 2014 at 01:43 PM ----------

T.C. pm'ed, thanks!

Myself and son dive Ft. Pickens (and other beach dives)around every other weekend until I get my boat wet again. Also in same town as you. Depending on type of diving you want to do: we always have room for more ..

I'm currently living in New Orleans, but I am trying to make about 2 trips a month out to Pensacola or somewhere nearby for charters. I would be down to do some charter dives or beach dives with you when I'm down there though.

I'm relatively new to diving, but I've dove a Devil's Den, Blue Grotto (Just the top half) and the Oriskanny. I'll be completing my advanced dives this coming weekend in Pensacola.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom