Looking for advice for St Andrews State Park, Panama City, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSltr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning a trip to Panama City Aug 24-30. Would like to know what the shore diving is like and a recommended dive ops. Thank you.

At St Andrews Jetties are usually good shore diving. Over the wall and to the right depths to over 70 decent marine life. More shallow to left 15-30 feet or so. For dive ops we use Panama City Diving primarily. Great boat and crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dive as often as we can there. The kiddie pool is a great place to get all your checks and gear squared away.

When you go over the wall. Choose the south side as the rocks are a little lower.

Make sure you check the tide tables as the current can get quite strong.
Visibility can change quickly so I always take a light.
If there are a lot of fisherman on the rocks I go over the wall on the north side and stay clear.

Always tow a flag.
On the north side there is an old sunken pier that can be a good place to watch for fish.

If the visibility is good look for the mantis shrimp in the sand. They really are attracted to shoney things

Edward Singleton

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2014 at 07:52 PM ----------

I could keep going but I'll say one last thing.
They have great parking, outside showers for when you get out. Good way to quick rinse you and your gear before you year down.

Take your time coming back over the rocks as the tide may be lower and pay a little more attention to the surge if any over the rocks.

The fish can be abundant.
By far my favorite beach dive

Gl have fun and be safe
Please let us know how you like it.

Edward Singleton

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom