Any dives happening 1/29 - 2/1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are heading up to the Pensacola area (from Sarasota) tomorrow 1/28/15 hoping to get some dives in. It is our first visit. I called a couple of dive shops in the area and they didn't sound overly-enthusiastic about diver charters. Any recommendations? Anyone know of any trips going out over the next few days? are there any worthwhile shore dives in case we cant find a charter?

Charters are hard to come by up here in "winter". Fort Pickens W. of P'cola Beach is OK, but need high tide and I think it's not convenient for your dates unless you night dive it (check NOAA). There are "snorkeling reefs" E. of Ft. Pickens (parking lot--can't miss it) in Pensacola Bay. Not much to see in 12-15'. You can go over to Destin and dive the Thumb Jetty or Bridge, which is OK, but also tide dependent. There are "artificial reefs" so to speak on the bay side in Navarre Beach. Or you can just shore dive the gulf anywhere on a calm day but all you may see if a few olive shells and FL augers in the sand. Sorry to say the "tundra" isn't S. FL. On my dive today water temp. was 52F. But air was 68, so it was a great day.

Sounds good we are on a sort of waiting list with scuba shack for a charter Saturday otherwise we will hit Fort Pickens. thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a shore dive in Pensacola at the Portofino Artificial Reef. Here is some info: Portofino Artificial Reef - Pensacola Beach FL I wouldn't make a whole weekend off diving it, but in a pinch it is good for a few dives. If the scuba shack is in need of another person to get the charter going, send me a message. I have been itching to get back out in Pensacola for a dive.

Thanks we are on call for a charteron the Viking to the Massachusetts weather looks pretty iffy though. Thanks for the shore diving info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom