Panama City in June recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MG11

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looks like wreck dives are most popular.

What do you recommend.

mike

Call Panama City Dive Charters (850) 588-8077 and get on any inshore or offshore trip. Typically you can do a shipwreck such an old supply boat or tug followed by a bridge span or other artificial reef. Ask the shop to put you on a trip commensurate with your comfort level and ability, but inshore dive profiles are <70 ft for dive 1 and slightly shallower for dive 2. with the added benefit of diving a structure with high relief like a span or wreck.

Prices should run ~?$85 + fills, gear & tip for the crew/DM.

Thanks, I've been looking at the various websites for providers was wondering if anything really awesome to look at versus just OK stuff or is it all about the same?

I thought i saw last year where they sunk a fighter plane somewhere.

I'd prefer 60-70ft but have been to 90' twice

Mike

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I really like the Strength which was an old Navy ship used for target practice and sunk long ago, it's broken up with lots of nooks & crannies for fish etc. The Chippewa is another of my fav's, it's been down quite a long time. Then you have the Twin Tugs, two tugs sunk initially bow to bow connected by chain that are now on top of each other. The Black Bart is close & easy and IMHO the Accokeek is a bit of a deeper version of it.

Yes you're referring to the Voodoo Jets, those were sunk last year and there are some other airplanes out there, but not typically not the best dive sites for a group of people due to the small size. My recommendation is that if you have a special request or must see dive, you can ask for a special request to see it.

Here's some video of the popular wrecks & dive sites.

Dive Sites- Panama City Diving

When I get to a place with great visibility I prefer to do shallow and long dives. Visibility by me is 5' on average so great is a relative term. Besides beach diver what are the shallower dives in the area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom