Diving Destin First Week in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snuff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, for a change, I'm taking my family to Grayton Beach, instead of Panama City from May 4-8 (4th is travel day). This means we are less than an hour from Destin as well as PC. We have wanted to dive the Destin Jetties for a while, but never have. I've found lots of posts about arriving early, diving the tides, etc. I'm pretty adventurous, but would feel a little better if someone was around to show us the ropes, so if you'll be diving anytime from the 5th to the 8th, let me know, we would love to meet up. Also, several years ago, someone posted a step by step tutorial for parking, diving, etc. I can't find it anymore. If anyone has it saved, I'd appreciate a link.

A few other questions:
How is the diving on the west side? I've found a few super old dive reports from the west side, but nothing encouraging.

Also, how hard is it to dive the bridge? I've seen mixed reviews.

Is there any other shore dives in the area, between Panama City and Destin, that we could do while we are there also?

Any update on the dredging at St Andrews? They should be done by then, but how long is the diving affected?

Any other help or suggestions is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom