Madison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyking

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a new diver from Ohio and travel to Huntsville periodically on business.

Wonder if anyone could offer any advice on the quarry in Madison, like when it generally gets warm enough for a 6.5 mm farmer john, and where I might look around for a local dive buddy?

Thanks!
Tom

Tom,

I'm a fairly new diver also and live in B'ham. I dive the quarry in Pelham (B'ham suburb) and it's still quite chilly. I imagine that the Madison quarry will start getting warm, Juneish.

I'm sure some others that frequent this quarry will reply though with a more definitive answer.

Next time you're down, let me know. If I'm not busy, I'd like to ride up there and try it out.

Beck

I am a new diver from Ohio and travel to Huntsville periodically on business.

Wonder if anyone could offer any advice on the quarry in Madison, like when it generally gets warm enough for a 6.5 mm farmer john, and where I might look around for a local dive buddy?

Thanks!
Tom[/QUOTE]

Tom,

I dove?/dived? the quarry 3 weeks ago in a 5 mil, hood and gloves. It was not that bad. Did 2 dives.

Just depends on how bad you want to dive!LOL

Harbour

Harbour:
Tom,

I dove?/dived? the quarry 3 weeks ago in a 5 mil, hood and gloves. It was not that bad. Did 2 dives.

Just depends on how bad you want to dive!LOL

Harbour

Cool (so to speak)! Thanks for the info! Was in HSV last week but already had most of the spare time planned - a trip to the rocket museum with the wife/kids including a GREAT guided tour. Will definitely try to hook-up next time I'm in town get out and dive!

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom