South Arkansas Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
Does any one know of any good diving spots within reasonable driving distance from El Dorado, AR other than Lake DeGray or Lake Owachita?

fmw625:
Does any one know of any good diving spots within reasonable driving distance from El Dorado, AR other than Lake DeGray or Lake Owachita?
I don't know if it's still accessible, but a friend use to dive a lake/quarry in Bauxite Ark. I'll see if i can get some more info from him sometime in the next couple of days. Scot

fmw625:

Greer's Ferry Lake/Heber Springs is about 175 miles from you so I suppose it would depend on your definiton of reasonable.

There are a couple of scuba parks near Dallas, which may not be too far of a drive:

http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/AthensScubaParkTX.html

http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/ClearLakeClearSpringsTX.html

Hope this helps.

fmw625:

"Owachita"?? I guess that is Elmer Fudd's dive spot, but up here at Lake Ouachita we are enjoying 20-25' vis and seeing lots of fish. Saw a couple of 5'+ gar and a few huge bass last trip. Most everything south of I-30 the vis is measured in inches, not feet.

Hey chuck have you been in the last month. I keep planning on going but been busy. Maybe next weekend. Its been a month since I have been to ouachita. Good call on the Elmer Fudd's dive spot. Thats too funny!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom