Mississippi diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are there any coastal Mississippi diving sites?????

Since dive sites are almost none in Mississippi, maybe it would be nice if a group of us Mississippi divers planned a weekend dive trip somewhere close.

fmw625:
Since dive sites are almost none in Mississippi, maybe it would be nice if a group of us Mississippi divers planned a weekend dive trip somewhere close.

That might be a good idea, my idea would be later in Feb. when the sun comes back maybe Vortex, most dependable.

BTW, are you in Vicksburg? I though I saw a post once?

fmw625:

What a great idea. Count me in. I agree that Vortex is probably the safest bet for this time of year--we could even make it a camping/diving weekend if anyone would be interested in that.

If you are heading out to FL, Panama City is gonna have some day-time High-Tides this Month(may coincide with your weekend).

I am from Vicksburg. Never heard of Vortex. Most of my diving is in Arkansas or Gulf of Mexico

fmw625:
I am from Vicksburg. Never heard of Vortex. Most of my diving is in Arkansas or Gulf of Mexico

Howdy, thought I'd seen that. I'm just south of Clinton.

I don't want to bore most, but Vortex is a Spring just N. of DeFuniak Springs, Florida.
Abt 80-90 miles east of P'cola. Its about 7 hours or so from our area. In the winter on a given typical weekend you'd have the best shot of doing your dive successfully. I've been knocking around down in that area since my dive class in the late 70's, I lived in Mobile area for a while, (gives my age away). You'll find OK to super vis. year round and typical water temps in the 60's. Also its coupled near Morrison Springs (more natural but not as dependable). From my experience over the years, I'd not plan a Gulf dive till much later or its a total crapshoot. Even way down in the Keys its that way, great one day and blown out of the water the next.

Back
Top Bottom