Which OPV kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Tobin,

I have a question in regards to your OPV kits. I have a LCD 30 wing, my wife has a Torus 26.

This week my wife is going to order a Torus 38 and an SMB from you. I want to get one of your OPV kits for my........dare I say it.....Oxycheq Signature 40 wing (Money was tight, and I got it used.:()

Anyway, I would like to replace the OPV on the Oxycheq with yours. My question is:

Which OPV kit do I need? You have one with the internal Hex part, and the other without.
Also, do I need any special tool to perform the replacement.

Another question. I noticed on your site that you no longer have the LCD 50 doubles wing (I'm not always going to live in Guam). Have you discontinued it?

If so, Tech Diving Limited has them, so I better get one while I can.

Thanks Tobin for all of your great stuff.

Take care,
Mitch

Last edited:
Hi Tobin,

I have a question in regards to your OPV kits. I have a LCD 30 wing, my wife has a Torus 26.

This week my wife is going to order a Torus 38 and an SMB from you. I want to get one of your OPV kits for my........dare I say it.....Oxycheq Signature 40 wing (Money was tight, and I got it used.:()

Anyway, I would like to replace the OPV on the Oxycheq with yours. My question is:

Which OPV kit do I need? You have one with the internal Hex part, and the other without.

The OPV kit with the hex out nut is what you need. The Hex outer nut on your Oxy wing needs to be replaced.

Also, do I need any special tool to perform the replacement.

You *may* be able to switch the parts without special tools, but changing the hex out nut is easier if you have a BC wrench.

My guess is with your skill set you can get the job done without the wrenches.

Another question. I noticed on your site that you no longer have the LCD 50 doubles wing (I'm not always going to live in Guam). Have you discontinued it?

We can still build LCD 50's but we sell many more Torus 49's The 49 is the better choice for most divers.

If so, Tech Diving Limited has them, so I better get one while I can.

You might want to verify if they have stock on hand.

Thanks Tobin for all of your great stuff.

It's always nice to get positive feedback, but the reality is we couldn't do it without customers. Thank you!

Tobin

Thank you Tobin,

I'll be calling soon.

Take care,

Mitch

A little late, but kinda related question: Do I need the DSS Hex nut for my Halcyon Evolve 40 doubles wing?

Thanks,

Henrik

I was a little later than I planned in placing my order. I just placed an order yesterday for a new complete rig for my wife.
Thanks for making yourself available to answer questions.
I'm especially looking forward to trying out the new SMB.

Take care,
Mitch

I was a little later than I planned in placing my order. I just placed an order yesterday for a new complete rig for my wife.
Thanks for making yourself available to answer questions.
I'm especially looking forward to trying out the new SMB.

Take care,
Mitch

Thanks for the order, I appreciate it.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom