New Kit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kern

Contributor
Reaction score
The Oz $ is doing well so I might take the opportunity to reconfigure my single tank drysuit rig. My present rig is about 20lb negative. SS BP, rig, tank, reg. I use a Mk 2 Whites cat suit, a Xerotherm vest & woollen sox. I also carry 15lb of lead on a belt. I use a T 26 wing. The suits a Fusion membrane type.

I would like to move 8- 10lb from my belt to the BP, & be set for the use of more layers of undies with higher loft materials. My rig would now be around 30lb & so require a larger wing. I like the design of the LCD 40. How much lift do you think I could lose from a high loft undergarment like the Whites Mk 3 or a Weezil extreme +, in a medium size suite.

I also need to get another wing retaining lug. One of mine lost its luginess.

The Oz $ is doing well so I might take the opportunity to reconfigure my single tank drysuit rig. My present rig is about 20lb negative. SS BP, rig, tank, reg. I use a Mk 2 Whites cat suit, a Xerotherm vest & woollen sox. I also carry 15lb of lead on a belt. I use a T 26 wing. The suits a Fusion membrane type.

I would like to move 8- 10lb from my belt to the BP, & be set for the use of more layers of undies with higher loft materials. My rig would now be around 30lb & so require a larger wing. I like the design of the LCD 40. How much lift do you think I could lose from a high loft undergarment like the Whites Mk 3 or a Weezil extreme +, in a medium size suite.

I also need to get another wing retaining lug. One of mine lost its luginess.

It's pretty hard for me to predict the buoyancy of various undies, having said that it's also very uncommon for drysuits to be more than 40 lbs positive.

Thick undies is why we offer a 40 lbs wing. :wink:

Send an email when you order and we will get you a couple wing locators too N/C.

Take a look at the video's on our site regarding wing mounting, there'ssome tips that will extend the life of the wing locators.

Tobin

Well, if the LCD 40 turns out to be too big, I suppose I could always rig up a bungee system. You sell bungee, don't ya. :mooner:

And I promise to be more careful of the lugginess on my wing locator devices in the future. :)

Hi Tobin,
Everything arrived last Thursday. Those plates certainly turn an SS plate into a hefty mass. The gale force winds & 3-5 mt seas seem to be abating, so I might get them wet next weekend.

Thanx for the retaining lugs. I promise to look after them with my best, "A" grade, lubricating fluid.

Hi Tobin,
Everything arrived last Thursday. Those plates certainly turn an SS plate into a hefty mass. The gale force winds & 3-5 mt seas seem to be abating, so I might get them wet next weekend.

Glad to hear the goodies arrived. Do let me know who they work for you.

Hope your conditions improve.

Tobin

Finally got back into the water for a few dives. Still adapting to the slight change in trim, & emptying the larger wing. Just have to get used to a slight alteration in posture, & remembering to break trim a little, to get the last of the gas to vent.

Actually, the biggest adaption is when changing tanks on a small boat, now that the BP weighs 10 times more. :)

Back
Top Bottom