Sweet Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeCountyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys I just got my rig today and MAN is it sweet. I can't wait to get it wet. I was noticing that with it all set up the Wing is rather restricted then if it were hanging lose and fully inflated. I have the T26 wing. The reason I ask is if I ever needed the extra lift to say pick up trash or a lose weight belt will I have that extra margin or not. Do you only get the full 26#lift if it is maxed out or do you compensate for the slight restriction when all set up.

Did I mention it is really sweet:D. Thank you for making a kick ass product.

Patrick

Hey guys I just got my rig today and MAN is it sweet. I can't wait to get it wet. I was noticing that with it all set up the Wing is rather restricted then if it were hanging lose and fully inflated. I have the T26 wing. The reason I ask is if I ever needed the extra lift to say pick up trash or a lose weight belt will I have that extra margin or not. Do you only get the full 26#lift if it is maxed out or do you compensate for the slight restriction when all set up.

Did I mention it is really sweet:D. Thank you for making a kick ass product.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the kind words. We test our wings capacity in the "as dived" condition.

If you test the wing loose, not fit to a plate and cylinder the capacity will be greater than 26 lbs.

Built into a rig it will be ~26 lbs.

Tobin

Reactions: BB1
Thank you that's now another reason I like DSS common sense in superior construction.

Thanks Tobin

Patrick

Back
Top Bottom