Little rubber pieces for wing to backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I bought a DSS bp/w back in december and it seems that I have lost the lower rubber piece that goes from the wing to the backplate to hold them together. I tried looking on the DSS site but could not find any replacements.

Do I really need it? It seems hit or miss if they stay attached to the backplate anyway. I was alost thinking of removing the rubber block and adding a STA just to keep the wing in place and not worry about the little rubber pieces at the top and bottom of the wing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello,

I bought a DSS bp/w back in december and it seems that I have lost the lower rubber piece that goes from the wing to the backplate to hold them together. I tried looking on the DSS site but could not find any replacements.

Do I really need it? It seems hit or miss if they stay attached to the backplate anyway. I was alost thinking of removing the rubber block and adding a STA just to keep the wing in place and not worry about the little rubber pieces at the top and bottom of the wing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

We have videos on our site that are worth reviewing.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/templates/switchtanks.html

We do not recommend using a STA. Bolting your wing onto your back plate is a great way to increase the risks of pinch flatting your wing.

If you need a replacement locator email info@deepseasupply.com with your ship to address.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin,

I just sent an email.

I looked at a bunch of the videos when I first received the wing and was setting everything up. I guess I will have to pay closer attention to the locators.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom