Torus 49 or Torus 57

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!
My equip. will be D12 (Steel 12 liters. 32kg full weight) Twin Set 12L / 232 Bar | Varuste.net
Stanless steel backplate.

Now i'm diving with BCD and one 12 liters steel tank. I use 9 kg of lead for trim.

What i have to order? 49 or 57 lbs wing?

With 2 x 100 cuft tanks you will have ~16 lbs of back gas.

Unless your suit is more than 30 lbs positive the Torus 49 is fine.

It looks like you suit, based on the info provided, is about 20 lbs positive.

Tobin

I dive only in drysuit with 400mg underwear (Weezle Extreem +)
So, thank you for your answer!
I'm just nervous about minor situation - total drysuit falture, so if this happens, i have to get on surface with wing only.

I dive only in drysuit with 400mg underwear (Weezle Extreem +)
So, thank you for your answer!
I'm just nervous about minor situation - total drysuit falture, so if this happens, i have to get on surface with wing only.

The 49 covers total suit failure.

With 16 lbs of back gas (100 cuft of air or nitrox) you should start the dive about 18-19 lbs negative (weight of back gas + 2~3 lbs)

If you are 19 lbs negative at the start of the dive you will need 19 lbs of wing capacity to stay at the surface. 49-19 = 30

The unused 30 lbs of wing capacity is more than enough to deal wit the total failure of a suit that's only +20~22 lbs.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom